Official Overwatch Thread

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
I need to switch up my playstyle and maybe find another another character to rock with. It's just not working enough with this objective style type of play. Too many damn turrets too :martin:

Maybe sniping with Widowmaker ain't for me. I'm decent but I find myself missing a lot of action when playing her :mjlol:

Maybe I'll try out a tank character. And I def need to learn a support character cuz dudes tend to not pick one, leaving the team without one :stopitslime:. Gotta keep an option on deck for those situations.

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
BattleBorn or die. Battleborn has much clearer graphics, more characters, and way more unique gameplay

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
bruh...i feel the same way. i went against a few teams that had a couple of bastions in sentry mode with reinhardt using his barrier to protect them. it's really BS. you really need to work as a team to break through choke points against a strong defensive team. that's one reason winston is dope to me. his jet pack and barrier helps push your team forward.

Can't your counter those stationary tank characters with Gensi or Mei? I think their ultimates(the dragons or the freeze bomb) neutralizes anyone in the AO right?

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Battlefield has a ton of weapons with varying mods.

The characters in this game need more then just one weapon that has a few powers. They at the least need more powers to switch out and use.

If you're satisfied with the beta as the game you're the problem with gaming

???? Class based shooters aren't the issue with gaming, it's nikkas buying the same shyt over and over again ala CoD and Assassin's Creed. If you not down with class-based shooters, that's fine, but they are hardly the issue with gaming.

D.Va is one of the best offensive tanks in the game, you need to have good aim and fly to vantage points. When you're the attacking team she gets the job done but if you're defending forget about it.

If you have even one Mei on the team she damn near cancels out Bastion by herself.

Mei cancels Bastion out only if you have a team that can focus him down once she freezes. It's not ideal to solo Bastion with Mei, especially head on, since he kills in like .2 seconds. Ult on him or flank to freeze. Otherwise, I just ice wall him off and force him to move out of sentry mode.

Played more and watched the Heros abilities. Mostly played with the DJ and Dva. DJ kind of boring. I like smashing through dudes with Dva and self detonating. Her two cannons or whatever hits hard. Also tried out Mei and reaper. Reaper is hard as fukk to master. I kind of don't see the point of his fast moving state. But his teleport is beast, esp against those perched snipers. Oh yea tried mercy. Ass. Her pistol or whatever is shyt and that levitate is worthless. Will give others a try later. Definite day one cop

Reaper can slightly counter Mei with shadowstep since it's an excellent escape ability. Pair that with his hard hitting guns and his auto-wipe of an Ultimate and he's a beast.

Mercy is pure heals, thus you shouldn't worry about kills. The levitate is great for reaching a teammate that needs healing. Just gotta figure out the styles and ideas behind the characters' movesets and abilities.

Can't your counter those stationary tank characters with Gensi or Mei? I think their ultimates(the dragons or the freeze bomb) neutralizes anyone in the AO right?

Blizzard freezes everybody but you still need to actually kill. Genji is a super good counter since he can reflect Bastion's missles and shyt back at him. The idea for killing Bastion is to get the jump on him, and never go head up.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
???? Class based shooters aren't the issue with gaming, it's nikkas buying the same shyt over and over again ala CoD and Assassin's Creed. If you not down with class-based shooters, that's fine, but they are hardly the issue with gaming.

Mei cancels Bastion out only if you have a team that can focus him down once she freezes. It's not ideal to solo Bastion with Mei, especially head on, since he kills in like .2 seconds. Ult on him or flank to freeze. Otherwise, I just ice wall him off and force him to move out of sentry mode.

Reaper can slightly counter Mei with shadowstep since it's an excellent escape ability. Pair that with his hard hitting guns and his auto-wipe of an Ultimate and he's a beast.

Mercy is pure heals, thus you shouldn't worry about kills. The levitate is great for reaching a teammate that needs healing. Just gotta figure out the styles and ideas behind the characters' movesets and abilities.

Blizzard freezes everybody but you still need to actually kill. Genji is a super good counter since he can reflect Bastion's missles and shyt back at him. The idea for killing Bastion is to get the jump on him, and never go head up.

also, blizzard doesn't automatically freeze everyone as far as i can tell

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps

the dragons is hanzo's ultimate and the freeze bomb freezes opponents after i think 5 seconds. if you can get mei's ultimate to the sentry turrets then yeah it'll paralyze them, but you would still have to kill them. i'm still learning the characters so i'm not sure what counters what right now. widowmaker seems to be the best option right now like someone mentioned. maybe reinhardt's shield and charge to lead the way as an alternative.

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Game is pretty fun but it can get very campish. Its a easy fix to remedy if your team mates aren't you know.. fukking stupid but it still can be pretty annoying to face that old man who builds a turret and that piece of shyt gattling gun robot over and over every match :martin:

so far my favorites are:
- Pharah - making me have Quake 3 Arena flashbacks from using that rocket gun :banderas: and she's good for busting up turtles/turret strongholds
- Dva - because her self destruct ultimate is awesome and trollish :laugh:, but everything else on her is pretty :scust:

- I'm trying to get down Reaper and Genji just based off how swagtastic and bad ass these motherfukkers look. Doing better with Genji though. And Hanzo is another one I've started messing with.

Last edited:

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Some people that play this game have me like :mindblown:

When the game itself says you have too many of one class and lacking another, take its advice and switch characters. That's why I've deciding to have a go-to character for each class.

I've been using D.Va, Pharah and Zenyatta now. Seems like people hate to use tanks and supporters at times so I'm keeping those options at bay for now.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Some people that play this game have me like :mindblown:

When the game itself says you have too many of one class and lacking another, take its advice and switch characters. That's why I've deciding to have a go-to character for each class.

I've been using D.Va, Pharah and Zenyatta now. Seems like people hate to use tanks and supporters at times so I'm keeping those options at bay for now.

I basically HAVE to use Lucio/Reinhardt when attacking, and Torbjorn/Roadhog when defending because nikkas be playing the game like it's team deathmatch. :beli:

The only game mode it makes sense to have a team full of assault/sniper characters is the one that's basically control points from TF2, where both teams are both attacking and defending. The other modes all have a clear attack/defend objective so why the fukk you playing Reaper when we already have 2 other ones. :francis:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Played this for a bit yesterday. Not bad but, I noticed the matches when I was on the losing side were mostly against teams with like 3 like turret wielding fukkers. I feel like the game caters a lot more to the defense in certain matches.

Been playing with Reaper and Widowmaker the most now. Haven't tried everyone yet. Still deciding if I'll buy tho.

I take it this game isn't going to have any death match modes?

If you're an attacking squad usually your teammates aren't smart enough to beat a defending squad because you legitimately need to have certain roles filled and most people don't play the objective. The way you can counter that is to pick a support class that generally can help everyone like Lucio/Symmetra, or you can pick a guy like Bastion or Reinhardt and just try to play the objective and aspire everyone else to get their shyt together.

If I have 2 healers on my attacking squad that's usually a W for my team

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
BattleBorn or die. Battleborn has much clearer graphics, more characters, and way more unique gameplay

Battleborn's beta was hot trash dude. Not nearly as polished, fleshed out, and deep as this. Miss us with that shyt.

I basically HAVE to use Lucio/Reinhardt when attacking, and Torbjorn/Roadhog when defending because nikkas be playing the game like it's team deathmatch. :beli:

The only game mode it makes sense to have a team full of assault/sniper characters is the one that's basically control points from TF2, where both teams are both attacking and defending. The other modes all have a clear attack/defend objective so why the fukk you playing Reaper when we already have 2 other ones. :francis:
Same dude, I like Lucio, Reinhardt, and the lil WoW Dwarf, but I wanna play offense as well. Can't do that with all the COD/BF kids trying this out, playing like its deathmatch. Hopefully when the full game releases we'll have a smarter community going.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

there will be a ranked mode once the real game comes out and thatll help al ot. gmaes like this are 100x more fun when everyone works as a team

I got a group of brehs from CS go I runnwith on here and everyone plays their roles

Last edited: