Official Overwatch Thread

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
:jbhmm:nikkas hate on you if you pick genji but be on ya pipe when you beasting
Genji is like Steph Curry. When you see him he looks like this frail piss colored water boy. Then you see him jacking up threes from half court and you already thinking it's over. Next thing you know a couple go in, a couple more, he gets hot,(his ult), and you look up and he has 30 points

Genji players, like people that mimic Steph, tend to range from horrible to ok-but-you-could-be-more-useful-doing-something-else too

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Genji is like Steph Curry. When you see him he looks like this frail piss colored water boy. Then you see him jacking up threes from half court and you already thinking it's over. Next thing you know a couple go in, a couple more, he gets hot,(his ult), and you look up and he has 30 points

Genji players, like people that mimic Steph, tend to range from horrible to ok-but-you-could-be-more-useful-doing-something-else too
:deadmanny:

Shout out to all the Genji players that spam "I need healing!" after pushing solo to the other end of the court :wow:

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Genji is just not for me.

But I got made love for Mc cree, tracer and 76 now :wow:

I'm most comfortable with Roadhog still though.

Love mei but alot of time I can justify playing her, her damage is just to low. She's super effective if play right and on the right stage tho

Tracer, I feel like I could be so much better with her, but I'm still really comfortable with her. I like to harass and push straight to the point with her. I actually suck using her ult ironically.

MC is like the beast worst character to me, he either wrecks or gets wrecked. One well placed ult is a game changer tho.

76 is just solid... he gets wrecked so bad up close tho lol

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Does anybody use Widowmaker or is she mostly useless?

If you got amazing aim and know the map she's really good. But there is no "average" WM if you ask me. like either she's good or she's bad.... she isn't built to just be ok. Kinda like symmetra.

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
I'm trying to decide on a new character to play cause I'm getting tired of having to be the healer all the time.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Overwatch devs talk buffs for Mercy and Mei, nerf for Zenyatta

Over on the Overwatch forums, principal designer Geoff Goodman explained some upcoming changes for several characters. Mercy, a hero who has had a significantly lower winrate than her pure healing counterpart Lucio, is getting a much-needed buff. They've talked about possibly giving her a new ability (an AOE HoT -- or, area-of-effect heal over time, like Regen in the Final Fantasy series), but they're still toying with that idea, and will "help her out in the near future" with "other" things.

Blizzard also stated that Mei doesn't really see much tournament play, mostly because her ultimate is an under-performing ability. In the future, it might pierce barriers and get an increased radius. Zenyatta was also mentioned specifically, and the team is looking at reducing his Discorb Orb effectiveness.

As far as Zenyatta goes, I do think he was buffed a little too much in that last big patch (he only really needed a health/armor improvement to counter Widowmaker shots for sure), but it's funny if you've been following him since the beta -- as he's already undergone a big round of nerfs before being brought back into the spotlight recently. As he says when he respawns -- "adversity is an opportunity for change."

In other development news, the game stealth rolled-out 60-tick servers. The game gets better all the time, and I'm still very happy with it. There are a few tweaks that could be made here and there, but it's pretty well-balanced for a relatively new game.