Official Overwatch Thread

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Friend. There's 15 different characters all with wildly unique play styles. All sorts of maps and game modes. Tons of customization. It has everything it needs to take over the FPS game. You gotta get on board or you're gonna get left behind.

At least get it on XB1 so you can play with some Elite Gamers.

5o8zTHY.jpg

Like your boy :demonic:
What specifically can be customized?

And are the characters only going to have the power ups that were in the beta.

These are very important questions.

fukk outta here about Xbox though. Please don't ever mention that system in my presence

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
You my peoples but you pretty much the only one on the entire internet asking for weapon upgrades :francis: not that kinda game :francis: in fact as said earlier outside of call of duty and battlefield most fps dont offer weapon upgrades :francis:

Let it go :francis:

I don't Play call of duty :demonic:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
What specifically can be customized?

And are the characters only going to have the power ups that were in the beta.

These are very important questions.

fukk outta here about Xbox though. Please don't ever mention that system in my presence
Costumes, emotes, victory poses, etc.

The characters power ups are static, they're not changing. But there's like 20 of them with even more on the way. This isn't a game where progression unlocks new weapons/abilities/etc like COD or Battlefront. Everyone has access to the same tools from day 1, like Street Fighter. That way, only the best will rise.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Gamers have Beene accustomed to having some carrot to chase after.

Even though the game is fun, it does feel like something is missing since there's nothing to unlock/upgrade.

PC gamers are more used to this type of thing.

I like the beta, and I plan to buy the game, but I do worry about getting bored with it.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
@Mowgli

What kind of weapon upgrades are you talking about? Examples?

Ok take the ice bytch Mei. Instead of an ice wall she could switch out to have ice spikes that shoot out the ground to kill enemies.

I just can't believe this is all the characters are going to do unless they plan on having an insane roster.

Most blizzard games have many abilities and uogrades for characters

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

Even though the game is fun, it does feel like something is missing since there's nothing to unlock/upgrade.

I like the beta, and I plan to buy the game, but I do worry about getting bored with it.
Ill get bored if they don't have these upgrades

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

yeah thats why counter strike, team fortress 2, quake, unreal tournament flopped, their was no carrot to chase after because people couldnt upgrade their guns :troll:

League of Legends and DOTA 2? Them games flopped hard cause their was no upgrades in those games too :troll:

Overwatch, which will end up selling 5-10 million copies (more than any "next gen" console exclusive) boutta flop too cause people cant put scopes on their guns :troll:

yall serious with this bull shyt :what:

Ill get bored if they don't have these upgrades

damn. That sucks for you :yeshrug:

@Mowgli

What kind of weapon upgrades are you talking about? Examples?

he wants 30 infared scopes he'll never use to be an option :heh:

I swear this forum is the alternate universe when it comes to gaming :heh:

Battlefield and Call of duty are THE ONLY games that are popular (objective based games), that have gun upgrades. Literally almost every other popular game in the world only has visual upgrades (not counting RPGs)

Ironically, the Battlefield and Call of Duty series got popular in the first place by NOT having upgrades on weapons

but I guess they just rode the bandwagon on those games once they already sold millions that way :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
Played 3 matches, I knew I wasn't getting it but this confirmed it. It's pretty fun but it seems like you have be very dedicated to playing to keep up with the meta etc and have friends to play with. It's got good character design but doesn't seem like enough for a mainly single player gamer like me. Skins are cool and all but it seems like it'd benefit from a single player mode which i know has been a talking point forever.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
yeah thats why counter strike, team fortress 2, quake, unreal tournament flopped, their was no carrot to chase after because people couldnt upgrade their guns :troll:

League of Legends and DOTA 2? Them games flopped hard cause their was no upgrades in those games too :troll:

Overwatch, which will end up selling 5-10 million copies (more than any "next gen" console exclusive) boutta flop too cause people cant put scopes on their guns :troll:

yall serious with this bull shyt :what:

damn. That sucks for you :yeshrug:

he wants 30 infared scopes he'll never use to be an option :heh:

I swear this forum is the alternate universe when it comes to gaming :heh:

Battlefield and Call of duty are THE ONLY games that are popular (objective based games), that have gun upgrades. Literally almost every other popular game in the world only has visual upgrades (not counting RPGs)

Ironically, the Battlefield and Call of Duty series got popular in the first place by NOT having upgrades on weapons

but I guess they just rode the bandwagon on those games once they already sold millions that way :yeshrug:
Battlefield has a ton of weapons with varying mods.

The characters in this game need more then just one weapon that has a few powers. They at the least need more powers to switch out and use.

If you're satisfied with the beta as the game you're the problem with gaming

Chef

All Star
Daps
Russian PAWG ult is amazing. I keep getting no love in the end game kill cam with though. :mjcry:
Junkrat got a pose of him getting hit in the sack.:mjlol:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Battlefield has a ton of weapons with varying mods.

The characters in this game need more then just one weapon that has a few powers. They at the least need more powers to switch out and use.

If you're satisfied with the beta as the game you're the problem with gaming

how is liking a game more indepth than Battlefield by 100 times over, the issue with gaming :mjlol:

you have 30 mods on those weapons in battlefield but maybe only use one or two at most

you really hyped bout that 8x scope on the shot gun huh :duck:

battlefield is childs play compared to this game :heh:

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
As Lucio, you need voice commands bad. He can make or break any team.

Popping max haste + ultimate while telling your team to ALL IN THESE HOES dominates.

But you better be able to tell your team that. If you cant talk as Lucio, you might as well play another character.

He definitely is a gamechanger and if you play him well he is THE difference between a win and a loss. I played earlier with him and we had 2 bastions, we beat the attackers so bad they couldnt even make it out of the spawn tunnel.

But nikka best understand that if we attacking and you hear "BREAK IT DOWN" yo ass better be rushin to the control point:martin: