Official One Night In Miami Thread

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Till this day Denzel still has the crown. His performance literally gives me chills every time I watch it.
Watched it recently for the first time in years. That movie was raw and unfiltered asf! Spike and company pulled no punches at all in that one. For starters they was callin' white folks devils from start to finish. A 'white savior'? Nope Denzel told that white chick we don't need your help:wow:

-watching ONIM tonight

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Watched it recently for the first time in years. That movie was raw and unfiltered asf! Spike and company pulled no punches at all in that one. For starters they was callin' white folks devils from start to finish. A 'white savior'? Nope Denzel told that white chick we don't need your help:wow:

-watching ONIM tonight
This did make me want to watch X again. Wat h the real bamboozled speech and then Denzel version, eerily similar

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
Just watched it, loved the movie. Wished it was a bit longer actually.

The dialogue between Malcom and Sam was A1, both actors were great in those exchanges specifically, although all the actors did great.

I wished an interview where Leslie Odom said they basically had to shoot Malcolm's pieces in those exchanges multiple times first (for reasons I can't remember). Can't imagine catching those verbal lashings over and over again lol

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I saw a commercial for this last night...didn’t know regina king directed it...will watch it tonight hopefully