Official One Night In Miami Thread

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
shyt trash.

They just new nikka’d 4 Black American male icons that can’t speak for themselves anymore.

“Sam Cooke” talks shyt about Elijah Muhammad in “Malcolm’s” face, talking bout he ain’t do nothing about the pimps and pushers in Chicago (which is complete bullshyt) and “Malcolm” responds by playing a fukkin Bob Dylan song.

fukk outta here with this bullshyt.

Thinly veiled NOI hit piece, from that bullshyt convo between “Malcolm and Betty” about Farrakhan, to FOI actually letting “Jim Brown”put his hands on Malcolm.

Absolutely ridiculous.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
shyt trash.

They just new nikka’d 4 Black American male icons that can’t speak for themselves anymore.

“Sam Cooke” talks shyt about Elijah Muhammad in “Malcolm’s” face, talking bout he ain’t do nothing about the pimps and pushers in Chicago (which is complete bullshyt) and “Malcolm” responds by playing a fukkin Bob Dylan song.

Thinly veiled NOI hit piece, from that bullshyt convo between “Malcolm and Betty” about Farrakhan, to FOI actually letting “Jim Brown”put his hands on Malcolm.

Absolutely ridiculous.
It was pretty blatant too. And made by a sister too.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
shyt trash.

Absolutely ridiculous.

That's a myopic way to look at it.

I don't know if that's how Cooke felt about Blowin in the Wind when it was released, but Cooke covered it and said it inspired him to write A Change Is Gonna Come.

The movie mostly takes place over the course of 1 night on February 25th, 1964. We're seeing the NOI in this story mostly from Malcolm's perspective. Even though it's a fictional account, it's true that at that point in time Malcolm's view of Elijah Muhammed and the NOI wasn't good and that he was looking to bounce. It's true that Elijah Muhammed was sleeping with various Nation secretaries, and it's true that Muhammed wasn't allowing Malcolm to work publicly with other civil rights leaders like MLK. Again, this is just one point in time. 5 years prior to that - when the NOI was skyrocketing to prominence, Malcolm's view of the NOI would've been entirely different.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
That's a myopic way to look at it.

I don't know if that's how Cooke felt about Blowin in the Wind when it was released, but Cooke covered it and said it inspired him to write A Change Is Gonna Come.

The movie mostly takes place over the course of 1 night on February 25th, 1964. We're seeing the NOI in this story mostly from Malcolm's perspective. Even though it's a fictional account, it's true that at that point in time Malcolm's view of Elijah Muhammed and the NOI wasn't good and that he was looking to bounce. It's true that Elijah Muhammed was sleeping with various Nation secretaries, and it's true that Muhammed wasn't allowing Malcolm to work publicly with other civil rights leaders like MLK. Again, this is just one point in time. 5 years prior to that - when the NOI was skyrocketing to prominence, Malcolm's view of the NOI would've been entirely different.

I'm not stupid.

I know why it was written and I know what they're trying to do.

Why is Betty and Malcolm talking about Farrakhan in the 1st place?

Why is that important to the movie?

And it's NOT a fact that Elijah Muhammad slept with anyone besides his wife.

MrRDU

Superstar
Daps
Ppl in this thread saying this movie is so good. What did you like about it?

IMO the acting was good but script was shyt. The casting wasnt the best.

I thought Sam Cooke was excellent

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Regina aint on Ava level but I like her camera work, lighting, etc. Movir was good but they just picked thr wrong actors for Sam and Malcolm. I felt Jim Brown and Malcolm way more then anything in their sam and Malcom verzuz battle. These actors just couldn't bring the description to life like they should have. Sam will now be known as Sam c00n :troll:

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Farrakhan wasn’t that big of a name in the early sixties

and why they keep dissing The Honorable
That was the thing to me that kept it from being great. I liked the dialogue between the actors. But It also seemed liked a NOI hit piece.. This night was supposedly a year before Malcolm was killed so I guess Regina and the studios were trying to paint things from Malcolm's perspective I guess but it didn't paint the NOI in a good light at all..