Official NOPE Thread

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For those that liked this, I just want to know why? I really really WANTED to like this, but maaaaaaaan. This shyt let me down big time.

Why did it let you down? This wasnt a Bad Movie in the least bit. What were you expecting?

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I'm lost reading these comments. Did we not see OJ pull up on the horse after it was all over? How was it left ambiguous brehs?
I don’t think there’s a definitive here. Emerald opened her eyes to see her brother framed inside of an ‘Out Yonder’ sign that could’ve easily been a figment of her imagination as well. The way OJ appeared on the horse was other worldly almost to where even I’m questioning whether he’s really there or not.

I’d like to believe OJ is alive seeing as he was one of the few to be in tune with the nature of an animal and knew how to keep the alien’s attention away from him, but I wouldn’t be surprised either if he really did die. The ending could be interpreted in a lot of ways.

Last edited:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just wanna know did OJ survive, cause I thought he did. And could that be opening the door for a part 2?

The 3 main characters all lived so :manny:

I think Green Jacket killed OJ. The final scene, Emerald first closed her eyes, then once she opened them, she saw an unclear blurred figure that resembles her brother. I think Peele was making a statement of OJ sacrificing his life for her and now transitioned, and that's her vision of him still with her in spirit.

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
I think it was just well made all around. The special effects, sound, the camera shots, color and acting were good. The movie was entertaining and suspenseful. I think it had a nice pace also. I was never bored

Not much not to like on a surface level

When it comes down to the story and plot I see why people can have issues but there more of a personal thing

I think people come in expecting “get out” will be disappointed every time

I think I needed a pay off. It went from a pump fake that I thought would've been the better adversary when homie got pranked by those kids to the real villain looking like a flying tortilla.

Hell... That Gordy story would've been waaaay more interesting. But yeah, acting was good, but the movie was way too long to really not have much to develop.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I think Green Jacket killed OJ. The final scene, Emerald first closed her eyes, then once she opened them, she saw an unclear blurred figure that resembles her brother. I think Peele was making a statement of OJ sacrificing his life for her and now transitioned, and that's her vision of him still with her in spirit.
Holy shyt. You may be right. Here's what someone said in reddit.

OJ at the end of the movie.​

Em was staring at him through the haze, but he was beyond the “Out Yonder” sign which seems like a euphemism for the afterlife. I feel like it’s one of those things that’s up for interpretation.

I've seen it twice and never noticed. Now I'm really not sure.