Official NOPE Thread

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Michael Abels deserves more love for his contributions on the score. It’s not a shock Spielberg personally advocated for Peele to keep him, the guy was on his John Williams shyt in this.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Not a great movie but amazing entertainment and suspense.

Palmer was amazing and stole it from Kaluuya for me.

I read people saying Spielberg, but this film reminded me of an Alfred Hitchcock film. The dialogue and the super wide shots that captured all the landscape with the actor being a blip.

I didn’t get the first part, but it made sense in the end. A lot of establishing how smaller animals are actually predators.

Not gonna front, the horses cracked me up.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't read the comments so I'm afraid that I will read the spoiler. I think I plan go to the movie tonight to see Nope.

is it good? I heard this movie got mixed feelings, etc.

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
8/10

1. Get Out
2. Nope
3. Us

People wanting another Get Out and trashing his shyt for it need to go somewhere. Movie was very entertaining.
The trailer imo is what is causing the divide. It’s making viewers believe it’s going to be different genre altogether….with that said, the movie is great. I like it even more than Get Out.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For those that liked this, I just want to know why? I really really WANTED to like this, but maaaaaaaan. This shyt let me down big time.

I think it was just well made all around. The special effects, sound, the camera shots, color and acting were good. The movie was entertaining and suspenseful. I think it had a nice pace also. I was never bored

Not much not to like on a surface level

When it comes down to the story and plot I see why people can have issues but there more of a personal thing

I think people come in expecting “get out” will be disappointed every time

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
I’m not sure if it was just me but it was hard as fukk to understand what the characters were saying at some points :mjtf:I needed subtitles
Not just you. Some of kaluuyas lines werent easy to decipher. Seems like he was mumbling as speaking with his characters cowboy like drawl was difficult given his own British accent