Official NOPE Thread

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I too saw this on $5 Tuesday in my local theater. Was I the only person who...
thought that the people inside the creature being "digested" looked wack as hell? I mean I sat in the theater and despite their screaming I thought it looked like a kids bounce house
It was just OK to me. The beginning took too long to build. I wonder what this would have been like if they had done this as a 10 episode series?
I see what you mean. I actually felt the same way at first until the scene honed in on the claustrophobia and terror of the abductees. The fact that I didn’t know what was happening added to the disturbing nature of it all. The closing screams as they were being crushed to death is still stuck in my head.

Have noticed a lot of films in this realm p*ssyfoot around when it comes to showcasing the actual abduction, so I liked what it did here even if I wanted more of it. I think Fire in the Sky’s depiction is the most horrifying I’ve seen on-screen yet.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally saw this :whoo:

Flight of the navigator meets Jaws :manny:

Nice use of color :ehh:

Anyone else catch the Akira reference?:banderas:

Giving it a 9/10 cause it wasn’t enough of a twist for me but it least it didn’t disappoint like a M Knight film would :beli:

Get out is still his best film but I know people gonna try to put this above it :whoa:

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
I too saw this on $5 Tuesday in my local theater. Was I the only person who...
thought that the people inside the creature being "digested" looked wack as hell? I mean I sat in the theater and despite their screaming I thought it looked like a kids bounce house
It was just OK to me. The beginning took too long to build. I wonder what this would have been like if they had done this as a 10 episode series?
that's what i thought too. it looked cheap.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
That it was a good fun movie with a weird final couple of moments. Reminded me of like an updated ‘Signs’, complete with both minor intentional and unintentional comedy. Loved how the scenery and such were captured. Won’t fall down a rabbit hole of hidden meanings and 240 character theses cause that’ll ruin what I saw.

I said this the when I saw it.

I got “Signs” vibes from it too.

I said I was still sure if this was a good thing or bad

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m not sure if it was just me but it was hard as fukk to understand what the characters were saying at some points :mjtf:I needed subtitles

Audio was fukked up in the beginning, can hear multiple times audio switching between ADR and the sound captured on set.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thats what i thought too

Nope, because it’s transformed back to its old form at the end before dying

The ufo mode was probably its fly/hide/eat mode and the jelly fish mode was its “triggered” defense mode.

Also it probably had a camouflage cloud feature like a lot of animals can do to survive in its environment.

If this movie had time to do some sort of back story or extra speculation into the alien/ship/kite folklore it would’ve helped

But I respect the originality of it not being a typical UFO alien movie

And like someone else said, they could’ve even shown what it looked like inside when people went up into it

I don’t even think it was an “animal” by our standards or imagination

KeysT

Playa from the Himalayas #ByrdGang
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I’m not sure if it was just me but it was hard as fukk to understand what the characters were saying at some points :mjtf:I needed subtitles
It was me 2. Might have been hard to capture with the openness of the area.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I wish Universal would put more money on the jellyfish form, because the CGI was a bit weak.