Official NOPE Thread

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
If Peele ever ventures into those genres you mentioned, then more power to him. I do hope he continues to give us these kind of films though. I feel like his scariest film is yet to come, and there were glimpses of gem horror moments that I wish he can fully dive into in the future. All of his theatrical releases so far have fulfilled a high I never felt with whatever Kinberg and him had attempted on the failed Twilight Zone revival.

I give credit to Nope breathing life into a sub-genre that has lost its way in recent years. It would be nice to get more sci-fi thrillers on the big screen.
Agreed.

-the monkey fist bump scene
-dude sinking into the couch from Get Out
-the house of mirrors or the Tethered family first showing up in Us

all of these gave legit chills and I feel like based on what im seeing, Jordan has the potential to be even scarier :wow:

If he were to branch out, crime thrillers, psycho-dramas, mystery or even a whodunnit (kinda like Knives Out) I think he would KILL it

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Any guess is valid, that's the beauty of it :yeshrug:
It's not even necessarily an alien, it could be something that was living here and feeding for decades, just unnoticed
True.

the final scene of the UFO in the sky, when the green shyt kept popping out the front.....
, it looked like it was in the shape of a box kite
B47A3707.jpg

I guess i was overthinking the ribbon with balloons getting stuck or the UFO wanting to eat the huge balloon boy. As if the writer was trying to make a joke like "the monster is literally just an unidentified FLYING object", which can also be classified as a kite :manny:

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Jordan Peele is the new M. Night Shyamalan :russ:

I had a feeling he was a one hit wonder lol

A LOT of people on Twitter are calling him M Night and a one hit wonder. Grand Opening, Grand closing lol
The fact that people are celebrating this says alot to he honest, fukking crabs I tell you it's really pathetic

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I’m not sure if it was just me but it was hard as fukk to understand what the characters were saying at some points :mjtf:I needed subtitles
I’ve seen some people say this but I think it’s just theater specific, I didn’t have any issues hearing dialogue

Daps
I too saw this on $5 Tuesday in my local theater. Was I the only person who...
thought that the people inside the creature being "digested" looked wack as hell? I mean I sat in the theater and despite their screaming I thought it looked like a kids bounce house
It was just OK to me. The beginning took too long to build. I wonder what this would have been like if they had done this as a 10 episode series?

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
In the movie, Holst, the videographer, makes reference to a hollywood saying "one for them, one for me". Meaning as a person that is into the art of filmmaking you do one for them...the studio...a movie that lacks any type of real art but pays the bills (think Marvel movies)...then "one for me"...meaning a movie has more indie vibes and is more artsy. It may not pay the bills, but it's the film you as a filmmaker really want to make.

Holst, wanted his "one for me"...remember he sat around all day looking at animal predator videos...he wanted the impossible shot...the animal predator video that nobody has...from the perspective of the prey.

He got one reel of video for OJ and Emerald="One for them"
The he swapped out the reels and got his impossible shot that he would die for="one for me"

and i believe he was terminally ill because he was popping some kind of pills.
Ding ding ding ding!!