Official NOPE Thread

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
I'm currently in in the theater. The audience is decidedly :mjpls: I scanned the crowd and found one muscle bound breh who just walked in with a mediocre NAWG like they think they seeing "Get Out." :francis:

I did like the preview for "The Menu" which looked like some "Ready or Not / Atlanta - Tarrare" shyt.

"Prey for the Devil" looks like a knockoff "Hereditary" with the possessed banging they heads on doors and shyt.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I'm currently in in the theater. The audience is decidedly :mjpls: I scanned the crowd and found one muscle bound breh who just walked in with a mediocre NAWG like they think they seeing "Get Out." :francis:

I did like the preview for "The Menu" which looked like some "Ready or Not / Atlanta - Tarrare" shyt.

"Prey for the Devil" looks like a knockoff "Hereditary" with the possessed banging they heads on doors and shyt.
Did you see Oppenheimer?
the brothers Warner weren't interested anymore, universal can have him @Bryan Danielson @Peter Popoff

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I gotta bump my review up to an 8/10. It's better than US which I also loved but not as good as Get Out. I loved the cast. The ending kinda disappointed me at first but once I saw the SCP alien video, it made sense. My only quarrel is that I wish they would've explained it so that I understood why it looked like that.

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
So what was the deal with the camera man?

I figured he’s just the character that finally finds meaning by being part of the beast.

I don’t know what you call it but there’s a character like that in most creature horror movies.
I just took it as him wanting to get the impossible shot no matter what, even if he died he knew he did it. There was a little subtext there too with him saying "you don't deserve this" or something to that effect, which I took as commentary on Whites capitalizing off of the work/help of non Whites. Some other people mentioned him potentially having a terminal illness too.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens

You in NYC breh? I just watched it too

Avisible Man

Daps

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
I just took it as him wanting to get the impossible shot no matter what, even if he died he knew he did it. There was a little subtext there too with him saying "you don't deserve this" or something to that effect, which I took as commentary on Whites capitalizing off of the work/help of non Whites. Some other people mentioned him potentially having a terminal illness too.
Ah that makes more sense :ehh:

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Yeah I saw it. When I saw the Universal logo, I thought it was gonna be "Nope" at first. Then I saw the Syncopy production logo and I was like Chris Nolan?

Massachusetts

Lol I forget that its probably airing all over the world in dif theaters at the same time. When you said "im in here now" I was like :ohhh:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

They ran the Smile trailer at my screening and that seemed to be the one that had the audience talking the most - especially the way it had ended. :mjgrin:

Avisible Man

Daps
They ran the Smile trailer at my screening and that seemed to be the one that had the audience talking the most - especially the way it had ended. :mjgrin:
Yeah that ran that trailer for "Smile" at my screening too. Reminded me of "Truth of Dare." Then I saw a breh pop up for a second and I was like "wait, is that A-Train?" :mjtf: Had to check IMDb and sure enough it was. Then I saw Turk / Stranger Things breh pop up. Then that broad's head started dangling and I was like

rue-euphoria.gif

They also ran the preview for "Don't Worry Baby" which really grabbed everyone's attention. I saw Florence Pugh. I was like :patrice: ok, I'm intrigued.

Avisible Man

Daps
My only quarrel is that I wish they would've explained it so that I understood why it looked like that.

It reminded me of Calvin in  Life with the way it changed it shape.

Some other people mentioned him potentially having a terminal illness too.

Yeah they show him taking a pill, which Angel sees. He coughs shortly thereafter. It was curtains for him either way.