Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Get Out: Racism
Us: Classism
Nope: Exploitation for profit

Nope used animals and a flying beast to make some obvious points about our need to capture everything on video and corporations turning it into profit. If you missed that, then the movie just isn’t for you. That doesn’t mean it sucks, it just means things weren’t spelled out and took some thought to appreciate.

*Multiple characters risked their lives to profit from capturing video of something that threatened their lives and ended up killing them.

*The tv show and movie didn’t respect the animals and it used them for profits. In the case of the former, it ended in tragedy. Jupe used that tragedy for profit even though on some level the chimp identified with him as an exploited child actor. Jupe was obviously traumatized but profited from selling trauma. (gangsta rap, news, etc.) OJ respected animals and didn’t like using them to make money and wanted to buy back the horses he sold for profit because he felt guilty about it. Think guilt ridden slave owner freeing his own slaves. TMZ just wanted to sell the spectacle as did Jupe.

Great film. Not interested in debates. Just giving my take.
He basically made a movie about people capturing things on the gram for clout :wow:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
One theory I saw was that he might have had a terminal illness that was slightly conveyed in his ramblings. He was stuck doing lame commercials at his age and point in his career and he reasoned he could get post-mortem fame by sacrificing himself for that last great shot.

Not sure if anyone touched on this, but likely another defense mechanism. If the threat seems bigger that the organism, it in turn tries to make itself bigger. I think it first turned into that form with all of the car lot tube men in the valley. They were there to signal it’s presence but the sheer number of those eyes looking at it could’ve been a threat of it being outnumbered. The huge floating balloon at the park was a threat simply from its size. The permanent stare of the balloon made it attack.

Another thing..did y’all see the green square that kept projecting when it was in the final form. I read that that could’ve been the eye of the organism.
i never typed what you quoted.

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
Logan Paul's review :mjlol:

He's basically another one of these "no no i GOT the movie...but i have 45 questions...so it's trash". Clearly some people are ashamed to admit this basic ass movie outsmarted them.

I don't get this argument. Are y'all really trying to say if you understand what a movie is going for then that means it's good? That would imply every movie is quality as long as someone gets it but I doubt I would see y'all in here defending something like Firestarter. I support the brother but this is his worst movie yet in my opinion. It just fell apart about half way through.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I don't get this argument. Are y'all really trying to say if you understand what a movie is going for then that means it's good? That would imply every movie is quality as long as someone gets it but I doubt I would see y'all in here defending something like Firestarter. I support the brother but this is his worst movie yet in my opinion. It just fell apart about half way through.
i'm saying that people are calling the movie trash because it went over their heads, but they wanna save face by saying "no...i GOT it...but i still have a bunch of questions....it's trash". Then when they ask their questions and call things plot holes, people answer all their questions then they go "yeah well Jordan Peele should have explained that"...when it was clearly explained in the movie. One example, Logan Paul said something about how come nobody in the movie questioned how a quarter killed the dad...first of all it was a nickel, second in the movie they thought it was from falling debree from a plane. People clearly weren't paying attention or they saw shyt happening on the screen and it's like they thought the characters were just doing random shyt.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
8/10 never watched a Peele movie before and I hate horror films but this was more suspense than anything. Good movie.

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
i'm saying that people are calling the movie trash because it went over their heads, but they wanna save face by saying "no...i GOT it...but i still have a bunch of questions....it's trash". Then when they ask their questions and call things plot holes, people answer all their questions then they go "yeah well Jordan Peele should have explained that"...when it was clearly explained in the movie. One example, Logan Paul said something about how come nobody in the movie questioned how a quarter killed the dad...first of all it was a nickel, second in the movie they thought it was from falling debree from a plane. People clearly weren't paying attention or they saw shyt happening on the screen and it's like they thought the characters were just doing random shyt.

They are just inarticulate though. They know they didn't like the movie and are trying to piece together answers for people that question them. Most people know if they liked something or not right away. I can not like the movie but appreciate the themes and discuss what it was going for and theories but in the end I will still say I wasn't satisfied with the end product. Understanding every detail of the movie isn't going to make someone who didn't enjoy the movie all of sudden like it. Whatever the reasons people give, you just got to accept not everyone is going to like this movie.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus

People pick and choose when they wanna get stuff, Logan Paul ain't stupid, he knows full well that movie is basically an unintentional stray at guys like him, so he's gonna downplay it. Which in my opinion makes it the best kind of media, it's critiquing people without name dropping or resorting to depictions.

Oville

Pro
Daps
Yea those people are weirdos. Just cuz a piece of art was going for something provocative doesn't mean it a good movie. Those quoted sound like its coming from people who smell their own farts

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
So what was the deal with the camera man?

I figured he’s just the character that finally finds meaning by being part of the beast.

I don’t know what you call it but there’s a character like that in most creature horror movies.