Official NOPE Thread

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
That it was a good fun movie with a weird final couple of moments. Reminded me of like an updated ‘Signs’, complete with both minor intentional and unintentional comedy. Loved how the scenery and such were captured. Won’t fall down a rabbit hole of hidden meanings and 240 character theses cause that’ll ruin what I saw.

tay1

All Star
Daps
I liked the film. I appreciate all that he puts into his films. Say what you want but they make you think.

People are going to hold Jordan to Get Out for his next film or two. This is his third film so he’s still learning. Can’t wait to see what he does next.

Last edited:

The Realist Perspective

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm currently in in the theater. The audience is decidedly :mjpls: I scanned the crowd and found one muscle bound breh who just walked in with a mediocre NAWG like they think they seeing "Get Out." :francis:

I did like the preview for "The Menu" which looked like some "Ready or Not / Atlanta - Tarrare" shyt.

"Prey for the Devil" looks like a knockoff "Hereditary" with the possessed banging they heads on doors and shyt.

What a weird analysis. Relax and just watch the film :mjtf:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
-it was a cool flick. I dig some of the shots and the themes

-they ain't have no animal tranquilizer darts on set?
-i want Peele to tackle police murdering black people with a horror spin starring Denzel
- put Key in a movie

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Could the alien represent the internet?

It hides in a Cloud

When you stare into it you get completely lost and it sucks you in

It attacking the horses and the old man is like how it’s getting rid of the “old” world

The flailing guys at the end all represent fake bot accounts on the internet

It’s eye looks similar to a microchip.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Just got out of the theater. I thought it was trash. The most interesting part of the movie was the chimp biting faces off, and it just seemed to be a way to show how the Walking Dead guy got the confidence to think that the wild beast wouldn't kill him too. I just wasn't into the idea of the UFO being the actual alien. I was fukking with the movie heavy when the kids popped up dressed like aliens, before they were revealed as costumes.

The symbolism wasn't as deep as people are making it seem. There are some abstract ones that probably need to be thought about, but the TMZ guy was really hitting you over the head with the concept of filming everything for exploitation. Us had a bunch of abstract symbolism too, and the movie was still trash. Having high school english type concepts to dissect doesn't make a movie good.

EDIT: It is worth mentioning that Keke Palmer was incredible in this. Every time she was on screen she took over the whole scene.

Last edited:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
theatre was also pretty quiet when it finished. I did enjoy the thrilling parts for every time the
UFO kite
came down

honestly if he had just finished the damn story, i would have liked this film better. I even liked the whole crazed monkey scenes but even those felt wasted cause it was
only to prove one small point about taming predators 😒