Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Get Out: Racism
Us: Classism
Nope: Exploitation for profit

Nope used animals and a flying beast to make some obvious points about our need to capture everything on video and corporations turning it into profit. If you missed that, then the movie just isn’t for you. That doesn’t mean it sucks, it just means things weren’t spelled out and took some thought to appreciate.

*Multiple characters risked their lives to profit from capturing video of something that threatened their lives and ended up killing them.

*The tv show and movie didn’t respect the animals and it used them for profits. In the case of the former, it ended in tragedy. Jupe used that tragedy for profit even though on some level the chimp identified with him as an exploited child actor. Jupe was obviously traumatized but profited from selling trauma. (gangsta rap, news, etc.) OJ respected animals and didn’t like using them to make money and wanted to buy back the horses he sold for profit because he felt guilty about it. Think guilt ridden slave owner freeing his own slaves. TMZ just wanted to sell the spectacle as did Jupe.

Great film. Not interested in debates. Just giving my take.

Last edited:

Cheese McNair

Bought it this morning, drive it like I stole it
Daps
Get Out: Racism
Us: Classism
Nope: Exploitation for profit

Nope used animals and a flying beast to make some obvious points about our need to capture everything on video and corporations turning it into profit. If you missed that, then the movie just isn’t for you. That doesn’t mean it sucks, it just means things weren’t spelled out and took some thought to appreciate.

*Multiple characters risked their lives to profit from capturing video of something that threatened their lives and ended up killing them.

*The tv show and movie didn’t respect the animals it used them for profits. In the case of the former, it ended in tragedy. Jupe used that tragedy for profit even though on some level the chimp identified with him as an exploited child actor. Jupe was obviously traumatized but profited from selling trauma. (gangsta rap, news, etc.) OJ respected animals and didn’t like using them to make money and wanted to buy back the horses he sold for profit because he felt guilty about it. Think guilt ridden slave owner freeing his own slaves. TMZ just wanted to sell the spectacle as did Jupe.

Great film. Not interested in debates. Just giving my take.

Well it makes sense why the main characters were trying to get the video at least.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Have y’all seen the theory that the ufo represents a vagina? lol I can’t really argue against it.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL

You don't think that would happen in today's culture? Hell, people would do thus for clout alone, sadly. It seems ridiculous but this is where we're at.
Something as big as a real alien? Nah, I don’t think that’d be the initial reaction. Even in this clout chasing society
It's not even clout or money that was the main driver, this would be history made that would be tied to their legacy and family name. Not you Dwight, but people in this thread really missed everything obvious in this movie lol. The whole idea was that their family legacy of importance in movies was forgotten, so getting this footage would put their cement their history in film again.
Nah I got that. To parallel their great great great grandpa being in the first movie. I just thought it was dumb tbh:manny:. I don’t think they reacted like legitimate humans in this movie. Especially a movie called Nope. That’s just me tho

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
Glad people are explaining it to others cause I feel like people go see movies and need things spoonfed to them and I'm shocked that people didn't get the obvious correlations with the Gordy story and the main story.

The only part I didn't get or like was
the cinematographers death. I thought for a min that he was trying to get the impossible shot of inside the alien..... But I never got the sense that his entire life was centered around getting such an intense shot he was willing to die to get it

One theory I saw was that he might have had a terminal illness that was slightly conveyed in his ramblings. He was stuck doing lame commercials at his age and point in his career and he reasoned he could get post-mortem fame by sacrificing himself for that last great shot.
I wish we had more explanation on the alien transforming during the climax of the movie. Kinda just happened out of nowhere.
Not sure if anyone touched on this, but likely another defense mechanism. If the threat seems bigger that the organism, it in turn tries to make itself bigger. I think it first turned into that form with all of the car lot tube men in the valley. They were there to signal it’s presence but the sheer number of those eyes looking at it could’ve been a threat of it being outnumbered. The huge floating balloon at the park was a threat simply from its size. The permanent stare of the balloon made it attack.

Another thing..did y’all see the green square that kept projecting when it was in the final form. I read that that could’ve been the eye of the organism.

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
One theory I saw was that he might have had a terminal illness that was slightly conveyed in his ramblings. He was stuck doing lame commercials at his age and point in his career and he reasoned he could get post-mortem fame by sacrificing himself for that last great shot.

Not sure if anyone touched on this, but likely another defense mechanism. If the threat seems bigger that the organism, it in turn tries to make itself bigger. I think it first turned into that form with all of the car lot tube men in the valley. They were there to signal it’s presence but the sheer number of those eyes looking at it could’ve been a threat of it being outnumbered. The huge floating balloon at the park was a threat simply from its size. The permanent stare of the balloon made it attack.

Another thing..did y’all see the green square that kept projecting when it was in the final form. I read that that could’ve been the eye of the organism.

Yeah I think the green square was the eye, supposedly that is the same way an IMAX camera lense looks