Official NOPE Thread

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A dumb cop out cuz you didn’t get it. :heh:

Whether you accept it or not, that’s the difference between the horses it was feeding on and its engagement with OJ and them:yeshrug:
What was the difference? It obviously wanted to kill oj but it didnt because he kept looking away? If thats the case and if oj realized that (which he did) then em, oj, angel, and the director was sweating over nothing. All them nikkas had to do was look down or away the whole time since it was the ONLY thing stopping it from killing em. And you say it didnt beam em up because it wasnt hungry. How else does it kill when its not hungry? Oh i know its beams shyt up into its non hungry mouth when people look at it. So minus the message, please make it make sense logically

calh45

Cal
Daps
Quiet and stoic is one thing….robotic is another. The man
Watched his father get killed right in front of him, and was like :unimpressed:And instead of being like ‘I have to kill this thing because of what it did to my dad’, he just goes along with the sister on filming it to make money. Maybe that’s the point that I missed in this, but it was executed poorly.
The characters weren’t the central problem with the movie. It was just an observation I made while watching.
I thought it was PTSD. At one point Keke mentioned that she missed the old fun OJ.

The alien gave him something else to focus on besides thinking about the pressure of the farm and watching his pops die in front of him with no support......or that's how I was ok with him popping in and out of engaging with folks

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Dude in this thread told me to save my money but I went against my better judgment and bit the bullet and went to see this. :snoop:

The main problem with this movie is Peele has a really interesting and cool idea but just doesnt know how to stick the landing.

I loved the Gordy subplot and the creepiness of the "cloud". Reminded me of Jaws. A couple of really excellent shots and the sound is really good.

DK character is the opposite of charisma tho and he damn near put me to sleep with that performance. Not his fault, Peele had his idea for what that character was to be and at times it worked. Keke was supposed to be the scene stealer/comic relief and she did pretty good but the writing is pretty thin. Characters are just not very interesting overall. I cant even remember the other dudes name and most of his jokes didnt land.

The 3rd act is just way over dramatic but just still antinclimatic. Like thats it?? I watch 2 plus hours for that ending? :snoop:

I think its safe to say Peele is a one trick poney. No pun.

5/10.

Last edited:
Daps
What was the difference?

One engagement was about eating, the other was not. If you come across a bear that’s hungry, it’s not going to matter how you act. If you come across a bear that’s just chilling trying to get to where it is going, there absolutely are ways you can act that increase/decrease the likelihood that it will attack you, even if it doesn’t provide a guarantee.

The Steve Irwin types interact with wild animals following these principles to get closer and more “intimate” than most of us would feel comfortable…and it works fine, until it doesn’t. :manny:

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One engagement was about eating, the other was not. If you come across a bear that’s hungry, it’s not going to matter how you act. If you come across a bear that’s just chilling trying to get to where it is going, there absolutely are ways you can act that increase/decrease the likelihood that it will attack you, even if it doesn’t provide a guarantee.

The Steve Irwin types interact with wild animals following these principles to get closer and more “intimate” than most of us would feel comfortable…and it works fine, until it doesn’t. :manny:
I get where you coming from but if something wants to kill you because its pissed off then its just gonna try and kill you. shyt dont have to be hungry to kill you for sport or out of anger

kareem929

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NJ/NC
Really liked this. Wanted to see an entertaining summer popcorn flick and got exactly that. Liked the obvious Spielberg nods
But what are we to make of Gordy?:lupe::mjtf::wtf::damn:
That story was loosely based on Travis the chimp. Check it out on YouTube

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
This nikka saw an alien and was more more concerned about his fukking horse. This is not a stoic character. Its a emotionless robot.
One day y'all gonna understand the difference between writing and performance :mjlol:

His character was written to be:unimpressed: and so that's how he played him

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
Yeah this was cheeks…2days later

And dont quote me with a fukkn think piece

DisfiguredAdmirableDunlin-size_restricted.gif

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
I just saw this and initially thought it was just okay. However, after looking at a few different viewpoints and thoughts/explanations (yea, I needed help to decipher some things)….this is a pretty good movie. It definitely ran too long with a too-slow buildup, but it was pretty ingenious overall. It doesn’t have the great mystery twist of Get Out, but the sci-fi story was kinda old-school 50’s vibe…Orson Welles, Hitchcock maybe?