Official NOPE Thread

Daps
Maaan nature dont care if you looking or not. If a predator is acting out and attacking then its gonna attack.....just like gordy. Gordy didnt care who was looking or not

How you interact with wild animals absolutely does effect wether they attack you or not. For some animals it could be squaring up, or opening the palms of your hands; I don’t see why you think it’s so far fetched that this particular fictitious extraterrestrial animal takes eye contact as a reason to engage. Especially since some humans take eye contact as a sign of aggression.

Someone else did a good job explaining Gordy, but he was agitated by the shiny balloons. The last one pops and then he calms down. Even goes back to the mom who he just brutally slaughtered and starts tapping her foot too wake her up. Young Jupe is looking at the shoe in his traumatized state. By the time Gordy comes to him, the final balloon had been popped and he’s back into show mode, so he gives Jupe their signature pound before getting blasted.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
i be entertaining trying my hand at YouTube. What's the subscriber number you need/consistent amount of views to actually entertain doing it full time?

Breh, it depends.

In order to get monetized in the first place, YouTube requires 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours. For someone like me, I get those numbers in a single video or two. But for an unknown person, that's hard as hell.

But after you get that, you start making money. Some people blow up overnight, and some people it takes YEARS of dedication to make a living. I fell in the middle of those extremes, where I'd been making content all of 2017, and in 2018 my channel sort of erupted.

To answer your question, I'd say to make enough to live and eat off of, you need like 20k views per video depending on your subject matter and length of your videos. Length and subject matters because it determines your CPM, or cost per thousand views. This is different for every single YouTuber. One of us could get a million views on a video, but because of the length and subject matter, he only earned $1300. Whereas I have a few videos around 1 million views that each got me something like $8k per video.

The video I posted in this thread is a part of a series that would not earn me enough to make a living. My "Did It Suck" series is a labor of love, as I'm an actual film buff, and I review movies for fun.

Each of these videos earn me something like $400-$500 per video. My main series earns me significantly more, where I'm able to live an extremely comfortable life.

So like I said, it all depends homie.

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
They had Gordy on the set like
full

As promised.

Daps
Maaan nature dont care if you looking or not. If a predator is acting out and attacking then its gonna attack.....just like gordy. Gordy didnt care who was looking or not
And in case you think I’m talking out of my ass, here are some examples of animals on this planet that you shouldn’t look in the eye…

How do you watch a movie about an extraterrestrial animal hiding in the clouds and the movie’s assertion that direct eye contact with this fictitious beast should be avoided is the part you can’t accept? :heh:

Daps
The biggest issue with the movie IMO, was just the sheer stupidity of the bunch.
Like doing all that for a picture or footage of an alien in 2022?? That, by their assertion, at best would net 100K? With all the damage to their property, they wont even breakeven with their highest monetary estimate:pachaha:. It reminds me of the end of Glass where they have video evidence of people with powers. With deep fakes, cgi, photoshop etc etc, NO ONE is moved by that type of evidence.

And for a movie called Nope, none of the characters acted like I thought they would. They kept acting like the white boys in scary movies. When I thought the point of the 'nope' was black folk will see some wild shyt and be like "nope. Not my problem". These dudes really tried to tease and tame an alien to get a picture/ video to sell for some money:dead:
Real talk, they should've fukked around and found out like
Jupe

Keke seemed dumb af and OJ too, still rocking the flip phone. But I agree, for a movie called Nope, Peele should have wrote it as them being forced to deal with the consequences of their neighbor’s actions rather than them purposely engaging the weird creature in the sky.

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And in case you think I’m talking out of my ass, here are some examples of animals on this planet that you shouldn’t look in the eye…

How do you watch a movie about an extraterrestrial animal hiding in the clouds and the movie’s assertion that direct eye contact with this fictitious beast should be avoided is the part you can’t accept? :heh:
Cause its a dumb cop out on how the main cast can survive. I tell you what take your ass to bear country and think just because you dont look a bear in the eye it wont attack you while its in the process of charging you and find out what happen

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The alien raining blood, bones and the peoples belongings over the house shyt was creepy af.
Emerald hearing the screams rain down from the ship reminded me of the infamous bear scene off of Annihilation (2018). IYKYK. :picard:

Peele is so good at horror when that foot is on the pedal.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
enjoyed the movie. Hated the jelly fish but after someone posted a video of followers believing in that in real life then I get the creepiness to it…

The beginning of the movie… :lupe:

if he had kept the movie with that story plot.. probably been best horror film of all times. I thought at first it was a little kid too.. :demonic:

Daps
Cause its a dumb cop out on how the main cast can survive. I tell you what take your ass to bear country and think just because you dont look a bear in the eye it wont attack you while its in the process of charging you and find out what happen
A dumb cop out cuz you didn’t get it. :heh:

Whether you accept it or not, that’s the difference between the horses it was feeding on and its engagement with OJ and them:yeshrug:

calh45

Cal
Daps
this lady reviewed the movie (spoilers) and it completely went over her head. LMAO.

She needs Gordy and Jupe explained to her. She's exactly what i'm talking about. she needs everything broken down to her on a kindergarten level but she's calling shyt trash. people really need their hands held.

I think those "react" folks do it for attention. They have to find some way to be "controversial" for attention. For them, it's better to shyt on it than call it a 6/10 or 7/10. I wouldn't be surprised if she actually hasn't seen it.