Official NOPE Thread

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
The theme of the movie was animal cruelty?
Or was it about media consumption fooling people?
Or was it about aliens invading?
All the above? All at once?

Or maybe....
It's just a convoluted wannabe deep plot from a wannabe deep director and not that well executed......
We'll see what happens once real people see it start and talking about it.
It was predators

I think the Asian dude could have been tied in more with his story

shyt felt like a fever dream
I loved it

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It remind me more of tremors
It had a Summer blockbuster from the 80's/90's vibe to it where it was fun but not bloated with effects, shiny shyt and loud explosions.

I've been watching classic old school summer blockbusters this week which is to say, watching all of Spielbergs old stuff...

E.T. , Jaws, Jurassic Park:ohlawd:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wish we had more explanation on the alien transforming during the climax of the movie. Kinda just happened out of nowhere.
:jbhmm: It a animal from space it most likely just evolve to do that like animal here on earth can camouflage not just for hunting but also to hide and keep themself safe from other predators and just think for a moment what could hunt something like that space jelly fish to make it evolve to camouflage the way does there something much more :demonic: out there in space

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
Van Lathan on the Ringer today sounded like a lot of you Coli brehs today asking what the chimp scene had to do with the rest of the movie. I'm seriously shocked at how many people are somehow both looking too much into AND too little into that storyline. It ain't deep:
  • Peele uses it to establish rules about looking wild animals in the eye.
  • Peele also is showing that nature is unpredictable and never fully tameable.
  • Jupe gets the idea here that the chimp spared him when in reality, the chimp never saw his eyes since his face was partially covered by the tablecloth. Due to this, Jupe feels like he's charmed and special, I also think seeing the shoe stick up made him more susceptible to believe this.
  • The shoe is just something that stuck out in his memory of a traumatic experience, and also is a "bad miracle".
  • Saw this a couple places, studio lights are hot and popped the balloons. Jean Jacket wasn't present in this scene or causing the lights to flicker (also Jean Jacket didn't make the chimp go wild, seen that dumb shyt a few places.

Last edited:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Van Lathan on the Ringer today sounded like a lot of you Coli brehs today asking what the chimp scene had to do with the rest of the movie. I'm seriously shocked at how many people are somehow both looking too much into AND too little into that storyline. It ain't deep:
  • Peele uses it to establish rules about looking wild animals in the eye.
  • Peele also is showing that nature is unpredictable and never fully tameable.
  • Jupe gets the idea here that the chimp spared him when in reality, the chimp never saw his eyes since his face was partially covered by the tablecloth. Due to this, Jupe feels like he's charmed and special, I also think seeing the shoe stick up made him more susceptible to believe this.
  • The shoe is just something that stuck out in his memory, and also is a "bad miracle".
  • Saw this a couple places, studio lights are hot and popped the balloons. Jean Jacket wasn't present in this scene or causing the lights to flicker (also Jean Jacket didn't make the chimp go wild, seen that dumb shyt a few places.
Ppl are dumb
I was wondering what the monkey meant to the movie
But by the last third I understood it

Last edited: