Official NOPE Thread

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Van Lathan on the Ringer today sounded like a lot of you Coli brehs today asking what the chimp scene had to do with the rest of the movie. I'm seriously shocked at how many people are somehow both looking too much into AND too little into that storyline. It ain't deep:
  • Peele uses it to establish rules about looking wild animals in the eye.
  • Peele also is showing that nature is unpredictable and never fully tameable.
  • Jupe gets the idea here that the chimp spared him when in reality, the chimp never saw his eyes since his face was partially covered by the tablecloth. Due to this, Jupe feels like he's charmed and special, I also think seeing the shoe stick up made him more susceptible to believe this.
  • The shoe is just something that stuck out in his memory of a traumatic experience, and also is a "bad miracle".
  • Saw this a couple places, studio lights are hot and popped the balloons. Jean Jacket wasn't present in this scene or causing the lights to flicker (also Jean Jacket didn't make the chimp go wild, seen that dumb shyt a few places.
Pretty much all of this…Peele held the audiences hand just enough for you to figure it out. If you can’t put 2 and 2 together then that’s on y’all..:yeshrug:

I loved this movie. Peele is 3 for 3 in my eyes.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he gets nominated for best screenplay and cinematography at the Oscar’s.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Man, i loved this movie. Cinematography is legendary. Characters were excellent. I can see why others might be peeved that a certain character got more backstory than the leads. And some might think why the hell was that part in there and how does it relate to the current situation the main cast are dealing with. But i do feel there is a correlation.

My only concern...
the transformation of the alien. Im not upset about it, but i just couldn't get past how it looked like a floating uterus. And the square mouth? Very different. Also, the 6 month time frame. Yeah, even tho our government is inept. I think they would have discovered that entity sooner than that. But thats just me.

Excellent film. 9/10. Jordan Peele continues to astound me. Saw it in Imax which has to be seen for the best representation. Not for the bigger screen, but the immense sound which needs to be witnessed to get the full experience. Oh mai gawd the sound was incredible!