l-intro-1648039039.jpg

I caught it lol

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
1) They had some some foreshadowing after the fact. The part where OJ asks Jupe about getting his horses back, and Jupe is like ...uhh...
2) They showed them in the belly of the beast, you wanted some skulls crushed and brains leaking out? The fact that some of were still screaming was one of the better parts of the movie.
3) It's not clear to me whether he survived or not, cause it's all off screen. Marvel rules, but unless I see someone die onscreen, they're not dead

The more I discuss this film, the more I end up liking it.
1. I got the foreshadowing with how dodgy he was about selling back the horses but I wanted to see Park's initial encounter.
2. There were no shots of brains leaking or skulls being crushed anywhere in the movie so not sure how you made that leap. I wanted to see the actual attack at the park and they could've shown the full attack plus the shots of them being "digested".

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Pure Speculation with no Confirmation - Somebody was saying that in the cut scenes

The guy who killed the monkey at the end was an obsessed pedophile there for the girl. To claim her or to kill her, I dunno. But it didn't make the final cut in light of recent events.
that would still have no relation to the plot whatsoever.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'm assuming the girl child actor face was so fukked up cuz the monkey attacked her but she didn't die like the parents did right?
It seemed to be Peele alluding to the 2009 case where a woman's pet chimp attacked her friend and the woman who was attacked did interviews wearing a veil that covered her mutilated face before having reconstructive surgery.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Jordan is back for the 3-Peat. 3 back to back to back Original Concepts. Horror/Suspense and now Sci Fi Horror. Can't wait to check this out. I just like that he's taking so many risk with these stories. This is what I want to see. More Black Storytellers telling more stories in all genres from a black perspective (Main Characters/Leads). Loved both "Get out" and "Us".

giphy.gif

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I respect him as a director/artist/visionary but have to also admit I don't really like his directorial style. Like M. Knight, after his first few, I may not want to see this, although I am sure it has moments of brilliance.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
The Asian character thought was the animal/alien whisperer because of what he went through with the chimp. Also the chimps story is basically a smaller retelling of this movie's overall story. Exploit animals, treat them like dog shyt, they could snap so you need to respect the animals. Again I thought this movie was pretty straight forward and basic and people completely missing shyt. They even show make the same point when the horse is on the commercial set. Oj tells them what not to do and they don't give a shyt and the horse bucks. Do people in this subforum actually know how to process what they see on screen? I'm starting to see a pattern. People claim they watched a movie then jump on here needing shyt that was explained clearly in the movie explained.
You can make a valid point without being on some holier than thou "people are stupid how can you not see it for what it is" steeze. You just coming off as "look at me im so smart"

Hell, Peele aims for a mass portion of his audience to not "get" what he's going for so you acting like it should be so obvious that everyone gets the references is silly.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
You can make a valid point without being on some holier than thou "people are stupid how can you not see it for what it is" steeze. You just coming off as "look at me im so smart"

Hell, Peele aims for a mass portion of his audience to not "get" what he's going for so you acting like it should be so obvious that everyone gets the references is silly.
i'm just saying, this movie was Jordan Peele dumbing shyt down and being straightforward and people still are missing major plot themes or plot points. It seems to be an issue with alot of movies that get discussed on here, even basic Marvel movies have people saying "such and such didn't make sense" when the movie explain that exact plot point in detail. It's not just this movie. And alot of people are so quick to jump on here calling shyt trash because they want to come off "holier than thou". nikkas that aint even seen the movie commenting and calling shyt trash. :mjlol:

Again, this movie was Jordan Peele spoonfeeding people a plot and it's still "convoluted". I just went into this movie on some enjoyment "non analysis" shyt and somehow i remember more than that people that went in looking for plotholes.

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB

Its wild to think Peele makes his movies purposely hard to understand, Get Out and Nope we're pretty straightforward. Us just had a complicated plot, I'll give you that, but to say he makes movies that are difficult to understand on purpose...nah. I'm trying not to be insulting but you are sounding kind of obtuse breh.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
i'm just saying, this movie was Jordan Peele dumbing shyt down and being straightforward and people still are missing major plot themes or plot points. It seems to be an issue with alot of movies that get discussed on here, even basic Marvel movies have people saying "such and such didn't make sense" when the movie explain that exact plot point in detail. It's not just this movie. And alot of people are so quick to jump on here calling shyt trash because they want to come off "holier than thou". nikkas that aint even seen the movie commenting and calling shyt trash. :mjlol:

Again, this movie was Jordan Peele spoonfeeding people a plot and it's still "convoluted". I just went into this movie on some enjoyment "non analysis" shyt and somehow i remember more than that people that went in looking for plotholes.
you keep saying "on here". Look outside the Coli bubble. Twitter is filled with theories on the movie. YouTube is filled with theories on the movies. Again, this is what Peele AIMS for. He's embraced being discreet about his movies because he enjoys seeing the discussions. So to be like "how could yall NOT put two and two together" is dumb when Peele purposely makes it a challenge in his movies for people to do so. Congrats, you picked it up right away. You're talking about this movie and letting your overall bitterness about how this board discusses other movies affect your presentation/explanation of your analysis. This isn't like the freaking Minions or something where everyone easily should get every reference in the movie.

You and a few others just come off as "holier than thou" with this. Just my opinion.

And I liked the movie. And I agree in general people trash movies too easily (I also think people overhype movies too easily). I didn't pick up the reference to the chimp until I read up more on it. Guess me, and millions of others, are dumb for not putting it together right away.