Official NOPE Thread

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
people missing shyt has something to do with specific people. stuff that's clearly explained in movies (not just this one) has people running back to thecoli calling shyt plot holes, only for another poster to tell you exactly in the movie when it was explained. And the part you didn't get in this movie shouldn't have even needed to be dumbed down anymore, it was the entire theme of the movie.

What the trailers show aren't some kind of fake out from the movie. It's straight forward. People are trying to over analyze this because of Get Out, this is not another Get Out. Like i said, it's like people aren't processing basic shyt that's shown on the screen.
The theme of the movie was animal cruelty?
Or was it about media consumption fooling people?
Or was it about aliens invading?
All the above? All at once?

Or maybe....
It's just a convoluted wannabe deep plot from a wannabe deep director and not that well executed......
We'll see what happens once real people see it start and talking about it.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Sounds like that bozo @smitty22 :scust:

Gonna take a while for him to type everything out though.

twin-peaks-old-people-typing.gif
At 1st glance i thought your mention said Jordan Poole movie :mjlol:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I liked this a lot with only 3 actual issues:

1. I don't know if it was edited out or if it was intentional but not having scenes of Park encountering the UFO creature before he did his big show at his park made those scenes feel off.
2. Not showing the UFO creature eating Park and all his employees/guests was disappointing.
3. OJ showing up at the end as some sort of figment of Emerald's imagination is cool and calls back to Otis Sr. appearing to OJ earlier in the film but it also is done in such an ambiguous way that most of the people in the theater where I saw it started clapping because they assumed he survived the UFO creature's attack.

As for the deeper meaning in this film the only thing that it seemed to be wanting to comment on are:

The entertainment industry being a cruel, ruthless place that will throw you away the second you're no longer considered useful.
Wild animals are just that: wild animals. So thinking you have tamed them is foolhardy and they needed to be treated with respect for just how dangerous they can be.
Aside from that it was just an entertaining monster movie. :manny:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The Gordy scene was the best part
Every time they mentioned Gordy I was like: stop fukking around and show us what happened with Gordy!!

And when they did I was not disappointed.

Gordy going for the exploding fist bump with Lil Ricky right before he gets his brains blown out had me like :lupe::gladbron::mjcry:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
The theme of the movie was animal cruelty?
Or was it about media consumption fooling people?
Or was it about aliens invading?
All the above? All at once?

Or maybe....
It's just a convoluted wannabe deep plot from a wannabe deep director and not that well executed......
We'll see what happens once real people see it start and talking about it.
The theme was about abusing others for personal gain and using them as a spectacle only for it to be turned around back on you. Did you not see the beginning of the movie with the bible scripture about spectacle? Again this movie was pretty straight forward and explained the theme in multiple ways.

“I will throw filth on you
And make you vile,
And set you up as a spectacle.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Ahh I missed that part at the beginning, I couldn’t hear it.

Appreciate it.

Also it’s Keith not Craig. Just made me have to play some Craig David now damn haha

at 1 point OJ says the alien knows it doesn’t like to eat the flags so that’s why it fell back when he had the tiny parachute with flags trailing the horse. Why did it eat that big ass balloon with flags on it at the end if it already knew that?

I get that I’m thinking too hard about it but maybe I missed something else regarding that
the alien still has trouble with faces/eyes. It thought the fake horse was real because the eyes of the statue were pointed at the sky. It thought the eyes/face on the big ass balloon were real so it still ate it. It even saw OJ's face in the TMZ guy's shiny helmet

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I liked this a lot with only 3 actual issues:

1. I don't know if it was edited out or if it was intentional but not having scenes of Park encountering the UFO creature before he did his big show at his park made those scenes feel off.
2. Not showing the UFO creature eating Park and all his employees/guests was disappointing.
3. OJ showing up at the end as some sort of figment of Emerald's imagination is cool and calls back to Otis Sr. appearing to OJ earlier in the film but it also is done in such an ambiguous way that most of the people in the theater where I saw it started clapping because they assumed he survived the UFO creature's attack.

1) They had some some foreshadowing after the fact. The part where OJ asks Jupe about getting his horses back, and Jupe is like ...uhh...
2) They showed them in the belly of the beast, you wanted some skulls crushed and brains leaking out? The fact that some of were still screaming was one of the better parts of the movie.
3) It's not clear to me whether he survived or not, cause it's all off screen. Marvel rules, but unless I see someone die onscreen, they're not dead

The more I discuss this film, the more I end up liking it.

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
Glad people are explaining it to others cause I feel like people go see movies and need things spoonfed to them and I'm shocked that people didn't get the obvious correlations with the Gordy story and the main story.

The only part I didn't get or like was
the cinematographers death. I thought for a min that he was trying to get the impossible shot of inside the alien..... But I never got the sense that his entire life was centered around getting such an intense shot he was willing to die to get it

I liked it. I thought he was running off with the footage "I was like that's so cliche" but nope he was just getting a better shot lol