Official NOPE Thread

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I almost feel the monkey's storyline woulda been a more interesting movie to make lol

Pure Speculation with no Confirmation - Somebody was saying that in the cut scenes

The guy who killed the monkey at the end was an obsessed pedophile there for the girl. To claim her or to kill her, I dunno. But it didn't make the final cut in light of recent events.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Glad people are explaining it to others cause I feel like people go see movies and need things spoonfed to them and I'm shocked that people didn't get the obvious correlations with the Gordy story and the main story.

The only part I didn't get or like was
the cinematographers death. I thought for a min that he was trying to get the impossible shot of inside the alien..... But I never got the sense that his entire life was centered around getting such an intense shot he was willing to die to get it

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
The Asian character thought was the animal/alien whisperer because of what he went through with the chimp. Also the chimps story is basically a smaller retelling of this movie's overall story. Exploit animals, treat them like dog shyt, they could snap so you need to respect the animals. Again I thought this movie was pretty straight forward and basic and people completely missing shyt. They even show make the same point when the horse is on the commercial set. Oj tells them what not to do and they don't give a shyt and the horse bucks. Do people in this subforum actually know how to process what they see on screen? I'm starting to see a pattern. People claim they watched a movie then jump on here needing shyt that was explained clearly in the movie explained.
It could be that....or it could be what it really is.....this dude is an overrated movie maker and not as groundbreaking and deep as film geeks want him to be.....next Hitchcock?:comeon:
Nah....more like the new M. Night Shamalama whatever

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Asian character thought was the animal/alien whisperer because of what he went through with the chimp. Also the chimps story is basically a smaller retelling of this movie's overall story. Exploit animals, treat them like dog shyt, they could snap so you need to respect the animals. Again I thought this movie was pretty straight forward and basic and people completely missing shyt. They even show make the same point when the horse is on the commercial set. Oj tells them what not to do and they don't give a shyt and the horse bucks. Do people in this subforum actually know how to process what they see on screen? I'm starting to see a pattern. People claim they watched a movie then jump on here needing shyt that was explained clearly in the movie explained.
main theme was mocking humans for thinking they can tame nature. "Some things can't be tamed"....movie starts with horse bucking after being handled improperly by careless humans, then Gordy attacks the set after being set off by balloons popping, and then finally Jean jacket being set off by being fed a fake horse. These are all things humans did with no ill-intent but out of ignorance of natural being itself. The fake horse was in the trailer and movie posters for a reason, because it kinda symbolizes how emerald was seemingly making an innocent gesture just to get a shot, just like with the Chimp, lucky, etc. only for nature to remind humans we don't make the rules and they are prone to snap at any moment. It's funny how ricky thought he and Jean jacket had some special arrangement only to find out not so and the Jean jacket was seemingly aware that he was being exploited especially after being fed that fake horse that got stuck in its digestive tract

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
oh and
i know yall caught it.
l-intro-1648039039.jpg

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he like some of these pitbull owners that think they got the magic animal touch. And then the pitbull kills a baby.
Yeah it like how people think just because a wild animal not meat eater or not trying to eat them at that moment it safe to be all up it it space not realizing all it take is one moment of the animal not feeling safe to go buck wild :demonic:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
It could be that....or it could be what it really is.....this dude is an overrated movie maker and not as groundbreaking and deep as film geeks want him to be.....next Hitchcock?:comeon:
Nah....more like the new M. Night Shamalama whatever
this movie is pretty straight forward and people are still missing shyt. How you missed thee major theme of the movie is beyond me. :manny:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
so was he buying the horses from OJ to feed to the alien for the last 6 months? And he had been doing that and assuming it would only eat the 1 horse but since it was starving it fukked everybody up? Ok

I can rock with that explanation about camera guy. It just seemed weird.

And what was the point of getting it on film? I get it for proof but the entire plot just seemed to be record it and then… that’s it. Show the world. Make some money?

At the beginning of the movie where Craig David gets killed, there's a radio in the background that says some hikers disappeared.

So this thing been eating people. And we find out later that it defecates the inorganic material.

The film implies that the coins/metal from the hikers is what killed Craig David.

So now, Jupe is attracting the thing with music and lights, and then feeding OJ's horses to it.

Right before Jupe's big show, the sister steals the plastic white horse with the flags as bait.

UFO eats the plastic horse. We see later how it tries to digest the stuff, and it can't take it. The UFO is now mad and hungry.

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
this movie is pretty straight forward and people are still missing shyt. How you missed thee major theme of the movie is beyond me. :manny:
...... nikka if the movie is soooooo straight forward people wouldn't still be "missing shyt" now would they?

Because it ain't straightforward at all......and the creator knew that, which is why all the trailers had folks guessing what this was.....once people get to talking about this trash( and I mean real people, not prepaid film nerd ass cac reviewers) then the real gonna come out.....

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
...... nikka if the movie is soooooo straight forward people wouldn't still be "missing shyt" now would they?

Because it ain't straightforward at all......and the creator knew that, which is why all the trailers had folks guessing what this was.....once people get to talking about this trash( and I mean real people, not prepaid film nerd ass cac reviewers) then the real gonna come out.....
people missing shyt has something to do with specific people. stuff that's clearly explained in movies (not just this one) has people running back to thecoli calling shyt plot holes, only for another poster to tell you exactly in the movie when it was explained. And the part you didn't get in this movie shouldn't have even needed to be dumbed down anymore, it was the entire theme of the movie.

What the trailers show aren't some kind of fake out from the movie. It's straight forward. People are trying to over analyze this because of Get Out, this is not another Get Out. Like i said, it's like people aren't processing basic shyt that's shown on the screen.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

They probably have abtter pulse on the film then many people given the fact people can't even comprehend gordy's connection to the film which I was pretty straightforward myself

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
At the beginning of the movie where Craig David gets killed, there's a radio in the background that says some hikers disappeared.

So this thing been eating people. And we find out later that it defecates the inorganic material.

The film implies that the coins/metal from the hikers is what killed Craig David.

So now, Jupe is attracting the thing with music and lights, and then feeding OJ's horses to it.

Right before Jupe's big show, the sister steals the plastic white horse with the flags as bait.

UFO eats the plastic horse. We see later how it tries to digest the stuff, and it can't take it. The UFO is now mad and hungry.
Ahh I missed that part at the beginning, I couldn’t hear it.

Appreciate it.

Also it’s Keith not Craig. Just made me have to play some Craig David now damn haha

at 1 point OJ says the alien knows it doesn’t like to eat the flags so that’s why it fell back when he had the tiny parachute with flags trailing the horse. Why did it eat that big ass balloon with flags on it at the end if it already knew that?

I get that I’m thinking too hard about it but maybe I missed something else regarding that

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
People use "the sunken place" as a way to get at Clarence Thomas type dudes.

They clearly didn't watch the movie.

White People Trusting Daniel was pushed into it by white people that wanted his body.

Clarence n'nem JUMPED INTO the sunken place.

Daniel* was a victim, but Clarence n'nem are willful participants.

Folks see and not see what they want to see.

*Unless you think the theme of the movie is "this is what you get for effing with dem white gullz" - and it's really a confession of Jordan Peele