Official NOPE Thread

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I just found the actions of everyone in the movie, ridiculous. For a movie called Nope, all the characters were way too willing to risk everything to catch this alien on camera. Just seemed absurd to me. Their whole plan was stupid imo. The tech guy and the director were the most non realistic of the bunch.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
I thought the finals was Design was horrifying. I'd reckon the majority of people would straight up collapse if they actually saw some shyt like that in person, alot of times what make thing horrifying is how unfathomable they appear. Like wtf was that

The shyt looked liked Prince's scarf doped up on Nuclear radiation

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
What the fukk was the point of the monkey?:stopitslime:

Chimps are known to geaux ape shyt, which is why you dont see too much chimps used in production. The whole chimp.was a VFX and then how they kept on playing with OJ and wanting a VFX horse instead of a real horse.

Basically....animals snap and will snap....its just when

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I thought the finals was Design was horrifying. I'd reckon the majority of people would straight up collapse if they actually saw some shyt like that in person, alot of times what make thing horrifying is how unfathomable they appear. Like wtf was that
It was Lovecraftian in its appearance, but

I do think the ship got torn up/ripped apart which contributed to the final design. It’s weird. Like on one hand, the design itself is something a typical human would never see before and would no doubt be terrified, yet I couldn’t help but chuckle just a little bit after seeing what was once a menacing UFO mimic a hot air balloon in its dying minutes. :heh:

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a mostly straight forward movie. Definitely more than his last two projects but there is still a lot to unpack. There’s a lot of stuff that can go over your head bc either you didn’t hear it or missed it but this is definitely a film to see with people and discuss. The movie is a spectacle and different than 90% of the crap we’ve been getting. Jordan Peele is pushing the envelope and he should be commended for that even if we don’t always agree with the execution. I loved the film even more after reading some Reddit posts because people came together and started filling in the gaps and you start realizing how much stuff you can miss and how thoughtful of a film it is.

I implore people to watch and make their own judgments not just go off opinions. The movie should be judged on its own merit.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Lotta broke boys in here complaining about the audio being unclear, y'all didn't see it in IMAX huh :heh:
Yeah, the sound design was one of the biggest highlights for me. Very haunting. Also, Kaluuya is Peele’s muse, folks. He ain’t ever going away.

I wanna see Peele truly let loose with the horror someday though. Felt like he could’ve gone deeper down that dark hole. The tone shift after the
absorption and blood house scenes had me like
ConcernedWarmAntbear-size_restricted.gif

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
What the fukk was the point of the monkey?:stopitslime:
The Asian character thought was the animal/alien whisperer because of what he went through with the chimp. Also the chimps story is basically a smaller retelling of this movie's overall story. Exploit animals, treat them like dog shyt, they could snap so you need to respect the animals. Again I thought this movie was pretty straight forward and basic and people completely missing shyt. They even show make the same point when the horse is on the commercial set. Oj tells them what not to do and they don't give a shyt and the horse bucks. Do people in this subforum actually know how to process what they see on screen? I'm starting to see a pattern. People claim they watched a movie then jump on here needing shyt that was explained clearly in the movie explained.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
What's the deal with that shoe?

Story Wise - it's a weird thing within a weird thing.
The shoe standing up is so baffling that

1) Jupe as a kid is staring at it (and by not looking Gordy in the eye, it possibly saved his life)
2) Jupe as an adult has the shoe in a glass case mounted the same way it was in the studio.

Jupe is seemingly fascinated by it, because it doesn't make sense to him in the universe of the movie.

The characters don't seem to know why the shoe is defying gravity, so why should the audience?

Which leads to

Meta Level - Jordan is playing with the audience's expectations.

He does it a lot in the movie, but the shoe is the most glaring one.

The obvious ones - the kids playing a prank on OJ in the barn. The "Man in Black" turns out to be a TMZ reporter.

The standing shoe is just an example of him hooking the audience, and then keeping the audience in suspense.
We want answers, and he's not going to give it to us. He's doing it on purpose, which is something you'll see a lot in the horror genre (and art in general).

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Asian character thought was the animal/alien whisperer because of what he went through with the chimp. Also the chimps story is basically a smaller retelling of this movie's overall story. Exploit animals, treat them like dog shyt, they could snap so you need to respect the animals. Again I thought this movie was pretty straight forward and basic and people completely missing shyt. They even show make the same point when the horse is on the commercial set. Oj tells them what not to do and they don't give a shyt and the horse bucks. Do people in this subforum actually know how to process what they see on screen? I'm starting to see a pattern. People claim they watched a movie then jump on here needing shyt that was explained clearly in the movie explained.
yeah he remind me of Timothy Treadwell It a good doc touch on all that "In this mesmerizing new film, acclaimed director Werner Herzog explores the life and death of amateur grizzly bear expert and wildlife preservationist Timothy Treadwell, who lived unarmed among grizzlies for 13 summers."

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
yeah he remind me of Timothy Treadwell It a good doc touch on all that "In this mesmerizing new film, acclaimed director Werner Herzog explores the life and death of amateur grizzly bear expert and wildlife preservationist Timothy Treadwell, who lived unarmed among grizzlies for 13 summers."

he like some of these pitbull owners that think they got the magic animal touch. And then the pitbull kills a baby.