Official NOPE Thread

DamienWayne

Superstar
Daps
Just got back. This shyt was fire. Felt like an old school cinema experience. Saw it in IMAX and the movie has some beautiful night lighting and landscape. The story was pretty good. My only minor complaint was Keke's character was almost over the top and annoying. This is not out there and over people heads like Get Out or Us, so people shouldn't even compare them. It's straight forward and it's great the way it is. I'd advise people see it in theaters.

edit: See it theaters for the SOUNDS. the sound added so much to this movie.

100 percent, saw it in Dolby digital had me shook

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
High-mid movie for me. I don't regret going to see it like I did with the Pet Sematary remake.
But....
Jordan Peele has talent and his ideas are amazing but his movies are literally coasting on the deeper subtext and metaphors behind his films plots
I was getting a feeling that the "ship" or whatever was going to make the animals turn against the humans. Especially since they opened it up with that Cesar/Gordy shot.

I definitely wished for a more frightening looking alien though. I was more freaked out by the fake aliens than the real one. shyt, even the chimp was scarier than that Final Fantasy X looking ass thing.

I recommend though, it's definitely a unique film and hopefully gets other filmmakers inspired to keep making modern original sci-fi/horror stuff.

Daps
so was he buying the horses from OJ to feed to the alien for the last 6 months? And he had been doing that and assuming it would only eat the 1 horse but since it was starving it fukked everybody up? Ok

I can rock with that explanation about camera guy. It just seemed weird.

And what was the point of getting it on film? I get it for proof but the entire plot just seemed to be record it and then… that’s it. Show the world. Make some money?
Yes they were trying to record it to get money. They explicitly said this throughout the movie, so I’m certain of that.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Why the fukk they

waste Keith David like that?

Also
explain why the Asian guy knew about the alien but he didn’t know it was gonna eat them

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY

what the fukk was up with the camera man just walking into the alien to end his life like that?
I can answer your second question
His traumatic encounter with that killer monkey made him believe he could tame a predator. He thought he was blessed or gifted with some sort of ability to connect with dangerous things. Maybe he was because he was able to work with it until it got really hungry.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
I for sure need a second watch on this. Why was OJ so calm throughout everything? Decent movie, not better than Get Out or Us though. I’m curious how all of the main characters avoided any danger as well, I feel like I missed something.

Working with horses. OJ daddy was teaching him about patience and dealing with territorial animals....hence his Tarantino dialogue-esque troupe from this film. All his dialogue in this flick had meaning.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Why the fukk they

waste Keith David like that?

Also
explain why the Asian guy knew about the alien but he didn’t know it was gonna eat them

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY

what the fukk was up with the camera man just walking into the alien to end his life like that?
3rd question:
the videographer wanted the "impossible shot". i thought it was pretty clearly explained. he was on his art shyt.