Official NOPE Thread

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I was sat next to this (noisy) person in the theater who was pointing out every little detail of the film like

pointing-leonardo-di-caprio.gif

:comeon::mjlol:

I wonder what wild ass theories were floating in their head then. Probably typing them all out on the keyboard as we speak. :wow:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
It was cool. As far as alien movies go I thought it did some really interesting things. There's a message about predators here that I want to think more about. Definitely contributes to the genre. Some great suspense in the middle and awesome shots. The scene with the house was :banderas:

My criticism is that the pacing and dialogue felt a little off. When I watch it again, I'm going to have to put on the subtitles. Daniel mumbled all of his lines so not sure I caught everything. With flat affect & inaudible muttering his character really got on my nerves. Thank goodness for Keke Palmer.

What I really appreciate though is that Peele keeps trying new types of stories. And you can tell he's a real student of film. Still I feel like this is uneven, so I'd give it a 7.5/10.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
If I were grading it as an exam I’d give it a B. If I did the # / 5 system I think 3 is too low but 4 seems high? But the movie had me suspenseful and I enjoyed it so I’ll give it a 4/5. When I get back home and read more on y’all thoughts and the YouTube analysis videos I’ll dive in more.

Last edited:

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I’m trying to figure out the deeper meaning. I think Daniel and Keke killed it tho. I give it an 8/10.

I feel like Daniel nor Keke even had to act. I will say the pacing is kinda random tho. Every chapter split by animal name…

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I was sat next to this (noisy) person in the theater who was pointing out every little detail of the film like

pointing-leonardo-di-caprio.gif

:comeon::mjlol:

I wonder what wild ass theories were floating in their head then. Probably typing them all out on the keyboard as we speak. :wow:
Sounds like that bozo @smitty22 :scust:

Gonna take a while for him to type everything out though.

twin-peaks-old-people-typing.gif

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Man where do I start….

- The film is vague as hell. I went into the film purposely evading all of the trailers and plot descriptions online just to see this with no judgment, and I honestly can’t give a solid description besides “invasion hits a couple of black ranchers”

- Keke Palmer was the star of this film, she was by far the best actor onscreen. Daniel K. Was one dimensional as hell emotion wise. but I kinda feel like that was on purpose

- The film wasn’t exactly bad, but I can’t give it the stamp of approval either. It was shot well and acted well, but story wise, I feel like it’s lacking a bit of substance.

- I feel like we’re on a little decline from Jordan Peele’s first film to now. This had all the potential in the world, but didn’t stick the landing. Get Out > Us > Nope

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
Man where do I start….

- The film is vague as hell. I went into the film purposely evading all of the trailers and plot descriptions online just to see this with no judgment, and I honestly can’t give a solid description besides “invasion hits a couple of black ranchers”

- Keke Palmer was the star of this film, she was by far the best actor onscreen. Daniel K. Was one dimensional as hell emotion wise. but I kinda feel like that was on purpose

- The film wasn’t exactly bad, but I can’t give it the stamp of approval either. It was shot well and acted well, but story wise, I feel like it’s lacking a bit of substance.

- I feel like we’re on a little decline from Jordan Peele’s first film to now. This had all the potential in the world, but didn’t stick the landing. Get Out > Us > Nope
wtf was with daniel k's accent. it's like he tryna sound like a country breh but going too far to the point where you can barely understand him.

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
wtf was with daniel k's accent. it's like he tryna sound like a country breh but going too far to the point where you can barely understand him.
Bruh I don’t know what he was trying to do accent wise, but it clearly wasn’t working. He’s a UK bruh, maybe he couldn’t do a good country accent? He was a charisma vacuum to me, Keke carried this

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Man where do I start….

A big ass alien made of white bed sheets and curtains, smh. I agree with everything you said