Official NOPE Thread

King

The black man is always targeted.
Bushed
Daps
It was cool. As far as alien movies go I thought it did some really interesting things. There's a message about predators here that I want to think more about. Definitely contributes to the genre. Some great suspense in the middle and awesome shots. The scene with the house was :banderas:

My criticism is that the pacing and dialogue felt a little off. When I watch it again, I'm going to have to put on the subtitles. Daniel mumbled all of his lines so not sure I caught everything. With flat affect & inaudible muttering his character really got on my nerves. Thank goodness for Keke Palmer.

What I really appreciate though is that Peele keeps trying new types of stories. And you can tell he's a real student of film. Still I feel like this is uneven, so I'd give it a 7.5/10.
So you just gon spoil the shyt like that SMH

Mfer hasn’t even come out yet :beli::why:

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
I couldn’t hear half the goddamn lines. I don’t know if it was just my theater or what.

If anybody knows what he said when

he said the doctors said _____ something killed his father

Please help me out

Token Moltisanti

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Central
I for sure need a second watch on this. Why was OJ so calm throughout everything? Decent movie, not better than Get Out or Us though. I’m curious how all of the main characters avoided any danger as well, I feel like I missed something.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Man where do I start….

- The film is vague as hell. I went into the film purposely evading all of the trailers and plot descriptions online just to see this with no judgment, and I honestly can’t give a solid description besides “invasion hits a couple of black ranchers”

- Keke Palmer was the star of this film, she was by far the best actor onscreen. Daniel K. Was one dimensional as hell emotion wise. but I kinda feel like that was on purpose

- The film wasn’t exactly bad, but I can’t give it the stamp of approval either. It was shot well and acted well, but story wise, I feel like it’s lacking a bit of substance.

- I feel like we’re on a little decline from Jordan Peele’s first film to now. This had all the potential in the world, but didn’t stick the landing. Get Out > Us > Nope

And literally this is you having that discussion to us

You: Get Out:damn:

Us: Nope:skip:

Naw…. I liked Daniel K more than Keke. I get what she was going for and yes she did play her role.

But I felt like her brother like every scene (DK). She annoyed me

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
Why the fukk they

waste Keith David like that?

Also
explain why the Asian guy knew about the alien but he didn’t know it was gonna eat them

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY

what the fukk was up with the camera man just walking into the alien to end his life like that?

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
People way too harsh on it. I'm glad Peele ain't being heavy handed with the messaging in this and gave us essentially a straight forward flick for once. had this not been Rated R I could see this being a favorite for kids trying to get into Sci-Fi. 8 out of 10

But enough with Daniel Kaluuya aka value save Omar Epps please. I don't wanna see his ass in anything else for awhile.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Why the fukk they

waste Keith David like that?

Also
explain why the Asian guy knew about the alien but he didn’t know it was gonna eat them

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY

what the fukk was up with the camera man just walking into the alien to end his life like that?

I can pretty much answer your 2nd question cuz that’s a breeze. They literally answered that in the
movie

Remember after the alien got faked out and ate the fake horse and spit back out. It was both pissed and hungry. As it hadn’t eating in a few days or whatever timeframe that passed. That’s why it ate everyone in that park. Famished

I think as far as the last guy…. He seemed like he hated his life if you go back when they showed him working. That was his peak and probably didnt wanna go back to the mundane lifestyle after that so he decided to commit dat

Easy peazy

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
I can pretty much answer your 2nd question cuz that’s a breeze. They literally answered that in the
movie

Remember after the alien got faked out and ate the fake horse and spit back out. It was both pissed and hungry. As it hadn’t eating in a few days or whatever timeframe that passed. That’s why it ate everyone in that park. Famished

I think as far as the last guy…. He seemed like he hated his life if you go back when they showed him working. That was his peak and probably didnt wanna go back to the mundane lifestyle after that so he decided to commit dat

Easy peazy
so was he buying the horses from OJ to feed to the alien for the last 6 months? And he had been doing that and assuming it would only eat the 1 horse but since it was starving it fukked everybody up? Ok

I can rock with that explanation about camera guy. It just seemed weird.

And what was the point of getting it on film? I get it for proof but the entire plot just seemed to be record it and then… that’s it. Show the world. Make some money?

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
theory:jupiter and oj dad were entering an agreement to sale the ranch. Oj dad knew what has happening at the ranch. There was a flashback of him referring to ghost years before. It's likely he knew what was going on with jupiter. Jupiter probably discovered the phenomena early and decided to exploit it. I have a sense oj himself knew something was up in a sense as he was uneasy from the jump and was giving off a "i knew it" vibe the whole movie, he wasn't outraged by the phenomena at all. But yea a major theme of this film is exploitation and humans thinking everything is for them. The gordy scenes were symbolic of nature lashing back on humans trying to make it something its not and also explains why jupiter would engage in trying to exploiit such a being. He probably felt invicble after the chimp didnt attack him and probaly thought he had a similar relationsho with jean jacket