Official NOPE Thread

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
This movie is made for cryptozoology heads, I fukking loved it. The marketing for this pitched it as pure horror when it seemed like a darker Jaws, to me at least.
That scene with Steven Yuen and the crowd at his theme park summoning the creature was one of the most horrifying things I've seen in film. All those people being consumed, everyone screaming and you're seeing it from the beasts stomach :picard:

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Breh, this theater that were currently at is HELLA understaffed.

I snuck in here with some wings and a philly cheese steak like it nothing.....I can only imagine if someone came in here wit da stick.

Edit: It's 5 mins till this movie kicks off and they haven't even cleaned out the theater we're in.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I really liked it. The suspense build-up in the first half was my favorite highlight of it all, especially the scene where
OJ encountered those “aliens” in the barn. One of the creepiest bits of the film and a brilliant fakeout for the audience.

I wish the film had maintained its darker, sinister tone throughout, but I’m not mad with what was presented. The second half had the heart and wonder of the beloved Spielberg classics. Keke Palmer was amazing in her performance and Perea did his thing as well - my first time seeing him in anything. Will give another watch over the weekend.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
This movie is made for cryptozoology heads, I fukking loved it. The marketing for this pitched it as pure horror when it seemed like a darker Jaws, to me at least.
That scene with Steven Yuen and the crowd at his theme park summoning the creature was one of the most horrifying things I've seen in film. All those people being consumed, everyone screaming and you're seeing it from the beasts stomach :picard:
Definitely agree with the Jaws comp. That movie was unsettling as hell with its suspense, had some disturbing scenes here and there, but didn’t exactly go full throttle in darkness. There was heart with the dynamic between the characters, which made it feel kind of light-hearted towards the middle. That’s exactly how I felt with this one. It’s a fun horror/thriller.

Can't really compare them at all
Us is Peele’s creepiest film to me. I couldn’t shake them sudden movements from Lupita in the climax. They’re still in my head. All of his movies have been fun as hell though.

Nope was really good for a summer blockbuster. The adrenaline rush felt when
OJ successfully evaded Jean Jacket on the horse. The score HITS. :wow:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Just got back. This shyt was fire. Felt like an old school cinema experience. Saw it in IMAX and the movie has some beautiful night lighting and landscape. The story was pretty good. My only minor complaint was Keke's character was almost over the top and annoying. This is not out there and over people heads like Get Out or Us, so people shouldn't even compare them. It's straight forward and it's great the way it is. I'd advise people see it in theaters.

edit: See it theaters for the SOUNDS. the sound added so much to this movie.