Official NOPE Thread

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Get Out in my opinion is a PERFECT movie. There’s literally not a thing i’d change about it.

US was excellent. I think in time it may be looked at like how Nas’s It Was Written is. A classic when people look back at it. In a lot of ways its a slicker and more polished film than Get Out, but it needed just a LITTTLLLLLLEEEEEE more “sauce” on the ending to make it an instant classic. I know Peele was going for an open ended more ambiguous conclusion (and maybe setting the stage for sequels) but it didn’t QUITE have that “punch”’ to it that Get Out did. Still Lupita gave a powerhouse performance and that fight scene between her and her other self at the climax should be studied in film schools.
Agreed. US just fell victim to following up a modern day classic. It’s a 8/10 for me. The only thing I wish is he made the twist supernatural rather than the science explanation.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Agreed. US just fell victim to following up a modern day classic. It’s a 8/10 for me. The only thing I wish is he made the twist supernatural rather than the science explanation.
TBF he originally was going to offer no explanation. Then test audiences were confused so they forced him to add that bit. Remember that was just her theory as well. I would have liked it supernatural as well.

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
Jupiter's Claim is the name of the show, but I wonder if this has something to do with the Spot of Jupiter....somehow creating the portal to Earth....

That's why you have see it through a filtered lense. Like the silver bike helmet with the reticuli cut out and reflective...and alluded to by the Prince Shirt worn by Keke with eye covered and circle.

Also...somehow they were following James Haywood with the two yellow sensors on the back of his orange hood.

:mjgrin:

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Get Out in my opinion is a PERFECT movie. There’s literally not a thing i’d change about it.

US was excellent. I think in time it may be looked at like how Nas’s It Was Written is. A classic when people look back at it. In a lot of ways its a slicker and more polished film than Get Out, but it needed just a LITTTLLLLLLEEEEEE more “sauce” on the ending to make it an instant classic. I know Peele was going for an open ended more ambiguous conclusion (and maybe setting the stage for sequels) but it didn’t QUITE have that “punch”’ to it that Get Out did. Still Lupita gave a powerhouse performance and that fight scene between her and her other self at the climax should be studied in film schools.

Funny you say that. I think It Was Written was equal to illmatic. People trash the 2nd album because the first one was so good but IMO IWW was dope.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Funny you say that. I think It Was Written was equal to illmatic. People trash the 2nd album because the first one was so good but IMO IWW was dope.

It Was Written is a classic. I think in time people will go back and look at US as a classic the way people went back to IWW and rightfully gave it classic status

CBSwagga

All Star
Daps
Idk if its true or not. I didn't read it. However the script for this movie did leak. Saw it mentioned elsewhere. Maybe that caused him to change somethings tho.
so is this your guess your original thinking or something you picked up from someone who read the script?