Official NOPE Thread

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
US is such a better movie than ppl give it credit for. Movie was amazing to me. It was a slower burn psychologically but I personally found it provocative and tense. Lupita deserved an Oscar for her performance. Shame she didn’t receive more attention.

Us is a grower. Not gonna lie I was hella disappointed the first time seeing it. Just wasn't what I expected. But on second viewing I had a more open mind and I loved it. Very original which is rare these days in horror.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That happens when you are bold and take chances creating new content. I’ll never fault creators for something not totally landing if they’re at least taking a damn chance and not putting out the same derivative bullshyt

You don't deserve credit for trying and failing, innovation that leads to success is what matters

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why do you have the most posts in this thread when you have made it abundantly clear that you hate the guy and his wife? You are too damn grown to be behaving the way that you are
Nah let him be a petty little fakkit. He's got a DOOM avi and does the whole shytty impersonation flawlessly on here. Literally everyone hates him and he keeps coming back to mingle despite that fact that no one wants him here. Just like in the comics :gladbron::ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
US is such a better movie than ppl give it credit for. Movie was amazing to me. It was a slower burn psychologically but I personally found it provocative and tense. Lupita deserved an Oscar for her performance. Shame she didn’t receive more attention.

Most people I know like US better than Get Out. Stop basing reality off of the degenerates on the internet

Exactly, people come on Coli and shyt post

Not a single real life person i know who saw both has ever said US was better. Never change coli.

Btw Parasite made the point US was trying to make way better.

And I'm definitely going into this blind.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you know why I wanna watch this movie? Because it looks intriguing AND I have no idea what it’s about. For the last decade or more Hollywood literally gives up the whole story in the trailer.

I watched this one and still had no idea. Ironically, I read the comments after and they were saying the same thing

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
@Booksnrain I admit I never clicked on your nope threads because there are things that fukk me up just by watching pictures of them.

When I saw this trailer, I immediately thought about you. This had me hiding my eyes because of what might appear :damn:

This looks SO dope though. Jordan Peele really impresses me.

Daps
That don't apply to me but way to expose that you're in your feelings over the opinions you read on a message:mjgrin:

You are the one who came at me first, so do not get sanctimonious now. It certainly has to apply for you to post a response

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Most people I know like US better than Get Out. Stop basing reality off of the degenerates on the internet

In talking to movie people, I think this is true. Get Out may be more praised, but Us has more replay-value...generally people I have been encountering talk about how often they watch it. I don't hear that about Get Out. I also like Us more, but I hate the ending...the last 10 minutes or so.