Official NOPE Thread

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Was Lovecraft Country produced by Monkeypaw Productions? Yup.

Did Peele have any input on its scripts and direction? Nope.

So I’m not too sure how that is relevant here. You might as well bring up the rest of the shows and films the company has produced. Doesn’t really have any correlation on whether his next directorial will be either good or bad though.

TV is the Producer's medium though, just as movies are the Director's. A Producer/EP has a lot of input on a show/series. You see their hands all in the finished product.

Daps
US is such a better movie than ppl give it credit for. Movie was amazing to me. It was a slower burn psychologically but I personally found it provocative and tense. Lupita deserved an Oscar for her performance. Shame she didn’t receive more attention.

Most people I know like US better than Get Out. Stop basing reality off of the degenerates on the internet

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
Most people I know like US better than Get Out. Stop basing reality off of the degenerates on the internet
Uhhhh that’s entirely untrue. I give get out the slightest of edges but US gets panned by most ppl I know bc they wanted another get out.

I do not believe more ppl like US though.

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
US is such a better movie than ppl give it credit for. Movie was amazing to me. It was a slower burn psychologically but I personally found it provocative and tense. Lupita deserved an Oscar for her performance. Shame she didn’t receive more attention.

Movie was hot pretentious garbage.

They went full satire and camp.

Heavy handed metaphors and 80s horror tropes.

shyt was more weird than anything.

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
1. Vazquez Rocks is a place and is a tourist trap set up by the red cowboy.

2. He puts puts out the tube men to lure people in to his show called the Star Lasso Experience.

3. The trick is to give the illusion that the horse gets pulled up into the sky by aliens and disappears.

4. The Hayward family travels there to provide horses for the show.

5. Daniel's character doesn't believe that they should keep treating the horses like this.

6. The bad miracle is a legend told to them by the burned lady that means that the aliens do this when they are displeased.

(There is a family of 5 that visit the show and somehow go missing and the kid is wearing an alien mask and Daniel mistakes him for one)

They call Frye's electronics out to fix their cameras and computers due to the EMP blast from the portal.

It's a portal not a ship, and it is a means of travel to an upside down place. Where roles are reversed.

Daniel's character is the main, and he's going to find KeKe after she's pulled into the portal, but he has to find the bloody monkey and something else with the burned lady and her baby to fix the imbalance.

All I got.

1LurkerChick9

All Star
Daps
That happens when you are bold and take chances creating new content. I’ll never fault creators for something not totally landing if they’re at least taking a damn chance and not putting out the same derivative bullshyt
Good point