Official NOPE Thread

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Maybe Nia had final say and changed shyt around, but Jordan and his guy Win wrote the screenplay for Candyman. :manny:
She said she didnt get every creative decision she wanted for the film. Still was happy with it though.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
To actually answer your question :mjlol:

After Get Out, everything dude put his name on has been mid or worse. Whether he's directly involved or not. I made excuses before but I'm tired of it. :yeshrug:

Us was ultimately a dud. Candyman was actually wack...this is the last chance for me.
He didn’t do Candyman though. He’s done Get Out and Us. That’s it.

So when I said 2 strikes you’re out, I meant I assumed you liked get out but not us…and if you don’t like nope then he had 2 misses for you. And that’s it?

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
He didn’t do Candyman though. He’s done Get Out and Us. That’s it.

So when I said 2 strikes you’re out, I meant I assumed you liked get out but not us…and if you don’t like nope then he had 2 misses for you. And that’s it?
He did the twilight zone too.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's starting to become M. Knight Shyalaman. Where they both had these games changing movies, Get Out and The Sixth Sense, and they (or maybe just the audience) keep chasing the same high in every movie after that.

He'd be better off if he diversified his output a bit to snap the audience out of it. Otherwise, everything gets compared to Get Out and over analyzed for a twist, which does him no favors.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
But anyway will definitely see it when it comes out. Hopefully this one has had more time in the oven compared to us.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
He's starting to become M. Knight Shyalaman. Where they both had these games changing movies, Get Out and The Sixth Sense, and they (or maybe just the audience) keep chasing the same high in every movie after that.

He'd be better off if he diversified his output a bit to snap the audience out of it. Otherwise, everything gets compared to Get Out and over analyzed for a twist, which does him no favors.
Trailer did make me feel 20 years younger like when I saw the Signs trailer too

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
"To Serve Man" vibes.

Seems like they are trying to attract the visitors. Hence the tube men, the streamers etc. Apparently people come to see them, and in the past some were abducted.

The aliens treat humans like the horses they keep. They study them and make art with them.

The CCTV, the alien walking towards Breh, the spaceship with the streamers, the car salesman, the electrical disturbance...

It would be even more hilarious if the horses or some animals were behind all of this.