Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I recently binged:

judd apatow's love

AND

f is for family (bill burr cartoon)

the bill burr cartoon had me rollin, but I like the apatow show as well.

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
12814445_1720957711473798_4489177249886597130_n.jpg

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Justice League marathon!!
I had to take a break go Uptown and get some air

Question tho (cause Im not a HUGE DC guy like that)

The Jon Stewart Green Lantern doesnt do all the wacky ass constructs that the Hal Jordan one does???

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali

The Jon Stewart Green Lantern doesnt do all the wacky ass constructs that the Hal Jordan one does???

I've been wondering what's the deal on this as well:lupe:

Just straight green laser bolts from this dude.. You'd think he'd break out with a giant green tank or some sh*t:noah:

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Chasing Tyson:30 for 30 Doc.
All theirDocs are good.

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

Just straight green laser bolts from this dude.. You'd think he'd break out with a giant green tank or some sh*t:noah:
Yeah
One of these DC guys need to break this down
Surprised they havent already
But considering we aint say BATMAN i guess I can understand

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY

Yeah
One of these DC guys need to break this down
Surprised they havent already
But considering we aint say BATMAN i guess I can understand
The simple answer is that it's just not Jon's style. Jon is a marine. His constructs are all practical and realistic. It fits his personality. Hal, being a pilot, is more free with it. My favorite was always Kyle Rayner, an artist who came with all types of wild ass constructs.

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
The simple answer is that it's just not Jon's style. Jon is a marine. His constructs are all practical and realistic. It fits his personality. Hal, being a pilot, is more free with it. My favorite was always Kyle Rayner, an artist who came with all types of wild ass constructs.
Oh!!!
Ok. I see.
Good looks

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
j2qVgtv.jpg

3/5

I wanted to see some Euro-titties and that's what I got.

But I also got a decent study on the Ukrainian Feminist group "Femen".

They are known for their topless protesting across Europe. Probably best described as a slightly more sexualized version of p*ssy Riot (Who, coincidentally, Femen travels to Russia to protest for in this documentary).

Oksana, the groups leader (Or, at least the one that seems to do most of the work and who is the focus of this documentary) is pretty likable, even if the documentary shows seams of naivety and idealism. One of the most telling parts, and maybe the only time where the documentary itself becomes a little self-aware and possibly a little critical of the group, is when she talks about why she thinks women are stronger then men. You think she is about to get into this diatribe about how women give birth or make better leaders or aren't as aggressive etc etc etc. Instead...she talks about how her dad left her mom when she was young...and her mom raised her alone. That's it. I thought that this little moment said alot about her and her activism, and I think that was intentional. It didn't make me look down on her, but, the fact that they highlighted that her beliefs seem to stem from father issues actually made her seem more enduring.

I'm not sure what I think of their activism as a whole. I brought up "self-awareness" and that's kind of the lingering issue I have after this. I'm not certain whether or not the girls know that their public persona is that of young troublemakers as opposed to serious activists. They barely even brush over the whole point of why they run around topless. Maybe it's self explanatory (Attention)...but I kinda wanted to hear more about the doctrine behind it.

Overall though..I like the group, and I liked the movie.

Added bonus : This was mostly filmed in 2012, like right before all of the recent drama started popping off in the Ukraine. You see them talking about inept leaders and political unrest, and it makes it all seem that much more relevant.

Yeah this is a cool little indie sci-fi flick. On that Primer level imo.