Official Nas Thread

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Will that timbo joint be on the album or if it not....will it ever be released....I need that full joint

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good info @Life is Good
It's got my wheels spinning. I am just processing this and trying to make sense of your info based off of what has been rumored. So, Nas trying to acquire his masters from Def Jam is telling me that not only does he, like every artist, really wants to own and posses his own catalog but it also could mean that he really would like to be able to put this next album out on MA (I think that's what I'm getting from your info). I can't imagine what those negotiations are like. I hope Nas gets those masters so we can get all the music, especially those Lost Tapes. The Def Jam music from LIG and after... I am dying to hear that.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Timbo and Nas recording together? :dwillhuh: :merchant: :scust: :no:

No Nas...NO!! :damn:

Timbo one of the GOAT's but this match does not work.

Right... :rudy:

Except for the fact that Timbo is actually one of the greatest producers ever, and has given Nas a classic feature:

Imagine if Nas got a beat like this for himself. Something dark, tough, atmospheric like this. It'd be an instant classic.

His part on Hot Boyz is more memorable than the 95% of his Alchemist collabs, 100% of his No ID collabs.... meanwhile y'all screaming for No ID, Jake One and other randoms to waste Nas's time.

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
Nas verse March Madness

vg0kmt.png

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
So here is my issue with this set of recordings, mind you I may (and hopefully so) be all wrong but....

Based on what we know about his Def Jam contract, Sony had 50/50 or some type of partial rights to everything Nas recorded up until LIG so if that is so, all these recordings would technically be def Jams. They could be off limits to any Lost Tapes 2 unless Nas and his team strike some other deal to aquire them. I hope I'm all wrong because just like I want Sony to open the vaults and eventually release everything, the same goes for Def Jam. @Life is Good, tell me I'm wrong my brother, if you can.

I do expect there to be a nice set of bonus tracks though, just like LIG. Still so anxious to know what the Lost Tapes 2 is gonna look like. Nas said it was a movement so I know if he has his hands on it, it's gonna show well.

If Lost Tapes 2 is dropping on Mass Appeal, I expect it to be Sony mostly stuff from SD, God Son sessions and probably stuff we've already heard on mixtapes. Maybe the HHID/Unittled stuff that already dropped like Esco lets go and The World and the original version of Hope (if they can get the sample cleared)

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Lost Tapes 2 is dropping on Mass Appeal, I expect it to be Sony mostly stuff from SD, God Son sessions and probably stuff we've already heard on mixtapes. Maybe the HHID/Unittled stuff that already dropped like Esco lets go and The World and the original version of Hope (if they can get the sample cleared)

You are probably right but the question for me is, how much of it will be tracks that have already leaked vs tracks that haven't. I hope that Nas goes deep into his vaults to pull out rare works and we get a little bit of both. There are a few leaked unreleased Nas tracks that I want full, CDQ No DJ versions of like:

High
Death Anniversary
Who Are You
Snitch Alibi
When Thugs Die