Official Nas Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

When I endeavored to make this film, I did so with the specific intent of exploring America through the context of identity. So much of the racial injustices we endure today in America are symptomatic of a greater sickness – one we have been systematically conditioned to ignore. From sanitized truths about our forefathers to mis-education regarding this country’s dark days of slavery, we have refused to honestly confront the many afflictions of our past. This disease of denial has served as a massive stumbling block on our way to healing from those wounds. Addressing Griffith’s Birth of a Nation is one of the many steps necessary in treating this disease. Griffith’s film relied heavily on racist propaganda to evoke fear and desperation as a tool to solidify white supremacy as the lifeblood of American sustenance. Not only did this film motivate the massive resurgence of the terror group the Ku Klux Klan and the carnage exacted against people of African descent, it served as the foundation of the film industry we know today.

I’ve reclaimed this title and re-purposed it as a tool to challenge racism and white supremacy in America, to inspire a riotous disposition toward any and all injustice in this country (and abroad) and to promote the kind of honest confrontation that will galvanize our society toward healing and sustained systemic change.

Five Questions with The Birth of a Nation Director Nate Parker | Filmmaker Magazine

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When you say "label imprint" are you speaking on The Jones Experience or Mass Appeal? And are we talking New Album or Lost Tapes 2?

Appreciate your info
Hello Ziggiy! I was speaking about 'The Land' soundtrack that will be released on Mass Appeal this year. Lost Tapes 2 is in the works, as well as, his new album will be on MA imprint. Gaining full control of masters is the goal. Things are looking good.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Hello Ziggiy! I was speaking about 'The Land' soundtrack that will be released on Mass Appeal this year. Lost Tapes 2 is in the works, as well as, his new album will be on MA imprint. Gaining full control of masters is the goal. Things are looking good.