Official Nas Thread

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nas Something to Believe in verse:fire: bodied Fash entire Ecology: Vulgar:huhldup:

...we entering the age of Aquarius (my birth sign):blessed:

I can't front, I'm starting to get withdrawal from Esco's empty pot, tho:feedme:

Last edited:

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Life is Good said that Nas is looking into getting his Masters. Aside from more and deeper Lost Tapes volumes, what might that look like? Maybe a box set? I want that Soundtracks set or a set of Non-album/non soundtracks cuts like that Film, Hey Young World stuff.

I hope Nas and his camp can get those Masters and out all the music out.

Daps
Blaze a 50 is a top 10 Nas track but there is an alternate version that is pretty rare. Sure most of us here have it already but its pretty hard to find online. I have had the hardest time finding someone to confirm or deny the validity of this track. No one even has info on this track. Most people say its a DJ blend but I do not hear any dj's name tagged on it. I also can't find it on YouTube. Most telling to me, is that there is only one known version of this track online and that is this one that is linked. I happen to like this track just as much as the classic album version and hope that it will one day surface, perhaps when NaS unearth's his Sony vaults on hopefully several future volumes of the lost Tapes.

@Life is Good, what can you find out about this track? Where this shyt come from? It I'll and can't be a Dj's blend because of the aforementioned reasons and a few more I can add.

Mark breh, I can't play/DL that link...you gotta another one?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
MTV writing about Nas last 12 months of great guest verses. Would y'all put on par with his run in 2011-2012 before Life is Good? :jbhmm:
It's Time To Relive Nas' Stunning Year Of Guest Verses

The run up to Life Is Good had Triple Beam Dreams. Which is amongst the greatest Guest verses EVER right up there with his verses on Verbal Intercourse and John Blaze...

This run up has been incredible as well. But it shouldn't be surprising that Nas has always been amongst the best guest rappers in the game, my favorite guest verse so far from him in this run is probably One Of Us (coincidentally ANOTHER Ross feature).

I'm going to give the slight edge to the Pre LIG run because that TBD verse gave me the holly fukking ghost when I heard it

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
@Life is Good said that Nas is looking into getting his Masters. Aside from more and deeper Lost Tapes volumes, what might that look like? Maybe a box set? I want that Soundtracks set or a set of Non-album/non soundtracks cuts like that Film, Hey Young World stuff.

I hope Nas and his camp can get those Masters and out all the music out.

He said during the Greatest Hits Run that he wants to be the first rapper with a Box Set so that could be in the cards

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
For those who are more educated in the dealings of the music business what exactly goes into an artist attempting to acquire their Masters? I know that it's a hard thing to do and that only a handful of artists ever get the opportunity to do so but how is it done?

And what would persuade a label to give the Masters to an artist? Wouldn't they lose a significant amount of money doing so? Nas has sold over 25 Million albums world wide, his catalogue has GOT to be worth Millions upon millions, what would the motivation be for Sony to sell or get rid of the masters to Illmatic? It Was Written? I Am?

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For those who are more educated in the dealings of the music business what exactly goes into an artist attempting to acquire their Masters? I know that it's a hard thing to do and that only a handful of artists ever get the opportunity to do so but how is it done?

And what would persuade a label to give the Masters to an artist? Wouldn't they lose a significant amount of money doing so? Nas has sold over 25 Million albums world wide, his catalogue has GOT to be worth Millions upon millions, what would the motivation be for Sony to sell or get rid of the masters to Illmatic? It Was Written? I Am?

I know that the obvious goal is to get all of his Masters but for whatever reason, I felt like @Life is Good was referring more to his Def Jam Masters. I'm mean he is leaving Def Jam and with the new partnership with Sony, I am sure that he and his camp was strategic enough to negotiate full autonomy with those Masters. The addition of his Def Jam Masters would give him access to probably about 98 to 99% of his work, the remaining 1 or 2 percent being from a few of his Sound tracks or other tracks like Film, Hey Young World, that aren't owned but Sony. Probably those DR sessions too.

Daps
Reppin
GSO, NC >>> Land of Oz (KC)
The run up to Life Is Good had Triple Beam Dreams. Which is amongst the greatest Guest verses EVER right up there with his verses on Verbal Intercourse and John Blaze...

This run up has been incredible as well. But it shouldn't be surprising that Nas has always been amongst the best guest rappers in the game, my favorite guest verse so far from him in this run is probably One Of Us (coincidentally ANOTHER Ross feature).

I'm going to give the slight edge to the Pre LIG run because that TBD verse gave me the holly fukking ghost when I heard it

Gotta go pre LIG too. Also have Ghetto Dreams with Common & Hip Hop with Face.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm still trying to figure out why nobody knows anything about that Alternate Blaze a 50 track. I haven't heard anything that could convince or sway me from believing that the track is not an official Nas track. No DJ tags, no other version exists, no one talks about it like or claims it.