Official Nas Thread

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So in other words, Timbaland is just as in the dark about Nas's new music as we are. So whether or not Nas finishes the song ("Sinatra In the sands"), even
Timbaland (who produced the song) won't know until Nas decides to release it.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There seems to be some work that exists between the two, maybe completed or incomplete, but I'm not too eager to hear it. Maybe they could get lucky and hit Right radio cut, because a good radio hit by Nas would be a good look, but just one. I'm not a fan of timbaland and wouldn't want to hear too much from him.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
So in other words, Timbaland is just as in the dark about Nas's new music as we are. So whether or not Nas finishes the song ("Sinatra In the sands"), even
Timbaland (who produced the song) won't know until Nas decides to release it.

This dude Nas is only JUST started recording I reckon with an album arc in mind :pachaha:. Saleh was right about 4th qtr 2016

In his defense though hes been away from rap understanding business and captial venture stuff while touring out Illmatic 20.:manny:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There seems to be some work that exists between the two, maybe completed or incomplete, but I'm not too eager to hear it. Maybe they could get lucky and hit Right radio cut, because a good radio hit by Nas would be a good look, but just one. I'm not a fan of timbaland and wouldn't want to hear too much from him.

Judging from that snippet that Timbaland put out, it doesn't sound like they aimed for radio. Them catering to their strengths has potential to create something incredible. It might not mean a radio hit, but much Timbaland's best production are album cuts. I don't think many people expected The Trackmasters to do what they did with It Was Written and most of their productions were some of Nas's best songs. Two of the songs they did just happened to be hits with "If I Ruled The World" being one of Nas's signature songs.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This dude Nas is only JUST started recording I reckon with an album arc in mind :pachaha:. Saleh was right about 4th qtr 2016

In his defense though hes been away from rap understanding business and captial venture stuff while touring out Illmatic 20.:manny:

It is crazy, but it's been interesting to see what happens next. He announced the album in 2013 and even said he had a title. Other than that, he's talked about how excited he was about the new music, but hasn't really given any details. It did seem too soon because he'd just dropped Life Is Good. Saleh even said they had records. We all know Nas doesn't stop recording until it's done. Even then, he doesn't stop. He said he started the new album right after Life Is Good was released.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
It is crazy, but it's been interesting to see what happens next. He announced the album in 2013 and even said he had a title. Other than that, he's talked about how excited he was about the new music, but hasn't really given any details. It did seem too soon because he'd just dropped Life Is Good. Saleh even said they had records. We all know Nas doesn't stop recording until it's done. Even then, he doesn't stop. He said he started the new album right after Life Is Good was released.

I mean look, he's always recording that's for sure. That's why he's got a vault of unreleased/non album cuts like he does. But I think hes just started to work on the album in terms of recording songs with an aim to fit a theme and everything

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean look, he's always recording that's for sure. That's why he's got a vault of unreleased/non album cuts like he does. But I think hes just started to work on the album in terms of recording songs with an aim to fit a theme and everything

I agree. With HHID being good but not fully cohesive as a concept album and each subsequent release being more and more cohesive, I am thinking that if he is doing another concept album, he is trying to make it fully cohesive.

Last edited:

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He gotta have tons of music completed now. I'm ready to hear some. He also seems to have committed to several projects that he is to provide music for. What happened to the Mass Appeal remake?

I want those Lost Tapes though.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So here is my issue with this set of recordings, mind you I may (and hopefully so) be all wrong but....

Based on what we know about his Def Jam contract, Sony had 50/50 or some type of partial rights to everything Nas recorded up until LIG so if that is so, all these recordings would technically be def Jams. They could be off limits to any Lost Tapes 2 unless Nas and his team strike some other deal to aquire them. I hope I'm all wrong because just like I want Sony to open the vaults and eventually release everything, the same goes for Def Jam. @Life is Good, tell me I'm wrong my brother, if you can.

I do expect there to be a nice set of bonus tracks though, just like LIG. Still so anxious to know what the Lost Tapes 2 is gonna look like. Nas said it was a movement so I know if he has his hands on it, it's gonna show well.

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

We don't even know if he has a theme or ever had a theme going into this album. Life Is Good was a departure from themed albums and was something he described as "free flowing".

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We don't even know if he has a theme or ever had a theme going into this album. Life Is Good was a departure from themed albums and was something he described as "free flowing".

I considered LIG to be pretty much a themed album. He was basically talking about the current state of his life. Divorce, kids, trust, etc. I thought the theme was understood. Yeah, the title was contradictory but that was the irony of it. I think the album cover said it all.