Official Nas Thread

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
You are probably right but the question for me is, how much of it will be tracks that have already leaked vs tracks that haven't. I hope that Nas goes deep into his vaults to pull out rare works and we get a little bit of both. There are a few leaked unreleased Nas tracks that I want full, CDQ No DJ versions of like:

High
Death Anniversary
Who Are You
Snitch Alibi
When Thugs Die
Great point. I often wonder the same thing and also if Nas is even aware what unreleased tracks of his have been leaked over the years. Does he know that his hardcore fans have heard songs like "Sometimes I Wonder" "You Don't Know" "Foul Breeze" years ago? Hopefully @Life is Good can shed a little light on this if possible.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Right... :rudy:

Except for the fact that Timbo is actually one of the greatest producers ever, and has given Nas a classic feature:

I liked that collab but

His part on Hot Boyz is more memorable than the 95% of his Alchemist collabs, 100% of his No ID collabs.... meanwhile y'all screaming for No ID, Jake One and other randoms to waste Nas's time.

:dwillhuh::skip::what::camby:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Unbelievable? No. I'm just acknowledging the line. Didn't know he had ties to that crew back then outside of Eric B.

I think Preme was their unofficial manager

DX: I always thought it wasn’t so much personal or anything but that the media kind of did that in when they started anointing Nas “the second coming.”

Large Professor: Right.

DX: I always just speculated that Ra took a little offense to that and that’s why he never really worked with Nas.

Large Professor: Right, right, right.

DX: You don’t have any extra insight into that, if that’s true or not?

Large Professor: Well, with Rakim and Nas, it wasn’t nurtured.

The dudes [in the Paid In Full Posse] who were co-signing Nas couldn’t really get to Rakim like that, like Supreme [Magnetic], [DJ] Hot Day, Ant Live – Ant Live was Eric B’s brother. Like, a lot of times when I’d be doing the sessions I’d be in there getting busy and I’d be doing Nas shyt and Supreme would come in and be like, “Yo, that shyt is hot!” Or Hot Day would be in there and be like, “Yo Paul, that shyt is hot right there, y’all doing good” kind of thing.

But Rakim was kinda in his own zone, where it was like, “Yo, be quiet.” Like, “When Ra is here, just let that man think.” We gonna chill and let him get his work done kind of shyt. So, you know, for it to be like that to begin with, you wouldn’t come and overlap and be like, Yo Ra, by the way, Nas man – It was just good that he came in on it and that he did have knowledge of [Nas]. I wasn’t even trying to push the issue. I wasn’t like, Yo, you should sign him! It was just like, nah, now Ra gotta get [in the studio] and do what Ra gotta do. ‘Cause that’s the God right there, so it’s like, “Alright, we gotta turn this shyt off, wrap this shyt up real quick and let Rakim do what he gotta do

Large Professor On '90s Babies, Nas & Rakim's Relationship And Lupe Fiasco's Rights To "T.R.O.Y."

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
For nas I prefer this by ID over Hot Boyz

respectfully breh, that beat is straight trash compared to Hot Boyz.

It's not like I'm saying Nas should be on "You Owe Me" or "Hey Papi". Not 'bouncy' Timb shyt. I'm saying the more unique, atmospheric stuff like "Hot Boyz" would be legendary for Nas. It already is.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
respectfully breh, that beat is straight trash compared to Hot Boyz.

It's not like I'm saying Nas should be on "You Owe Me" or "Hey Papi". Not 'bouncy' Timb shyt. I'm saying the more unique, atmospheric stuff like "Hot Boyz" would be legendary for Nas. It already is.

Hot Boyz???? No thanks!

Was never feeling that. I prefer anything No ID has done with Nas over that.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said this before but I am compelled to bring this up since it is kind of relevant now that Nas is said to be trying to gain control of his masters and he will be putting out 2 tracks for the upcoming "The Land" movie. It makes me think of dream of projects that I would love to see his camp do. I would love to see him put a compilation album out with all of his soundtracks

Escobar 97 (Men in Black)
Gangster Tears (Training Day)
One on One (Street Fighter)
Legendary (Mike Tyson)
Nas' Angels (Charlie's Angels)
Wanna Be Me (8 Mile)
Shine on em (Blood Diamond)

and/or a compilation that brings together tracks that he has done for other projects, like:

Hey Young World (Levi's)
Film (Red Bull)
If I Ruled The World 09 (Smirnoff)
War is Necessary (Grand Theft Auto 4)

There a probably a few more now.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Blaze a 50 is a top 10 Nas track but there is an alternate version that is pretty rare. Sure most of us here have it already but its pretty hard to find online. I have had the hardest time finding someone to confirm or deny the validity of this track. No one even has info on this track. Most people say its a DJ blend but I do not hear any dj's name tagged on it. I also can't find it on YouTube. Most telling to me, is that there is only one known version of this track online and that is this one that is linked. I happen to like this track just as much as the classic album version and hope that it will one day surface, perhaps when NaS unearth's his Sony vaults on hopefully several future volumes of the lost Tapes.

@Life is Good, what can you find out about this track? Where this shyt come from? It I'll and can't be a Dj's blend because of the aforementioned reasons and a few more I can add.

Last edited:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

este-es-el-lineup-oficial-del-festival-ceremonia.jpg

12633500_1097872170245778_8056779481226782490_o.jpg

Last edited: