Official Nas Thread

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
[First, the scratched hook ---> "When I flow for the street, who else could it be? N-A-S, Nas!" Now, you heard the end right? Well, what most don't know is that while it's Biz Markie from "Nobody Beats The Biz", he actually doesn't say "Nas". He's saying "recogNIZE it's the king of disco". So what Premo did was cut the "NIZE" part and turned it into a Nas sample. Pretty brilliant, and I know I'm the first person to speak about that.]

:ohhh:

How did i not know about this?

I know Premo does this a lot but didn't expect it on here.

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
[First, the scratched hook ---> "When I flow for the street, who else could it be? N-A-S, Nas!" Now, you heard the end right? Well, what most don't know is that while it's Biz Markie from "Nobody Beats The Biz", he actually doesn't say "Nas". He's saying "recogNIZE it's the king of disco". So what Premo did was cut the "NIZE" part and turned it into a Nas sample. Pretty brilliant, and I know I'm the first person to speak about that.]

:ohhh:

How did i not know about this?

I know Premo does this a lot but didn't expect it on here.

It's preme he the king at chopping shyt up.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I'm surprised no one has posted the pic from Premo's Facebook with him and Nas in the studio yesterday. Or did y'all post that already

Old pic from when they did that Re-Generation track from 2011 for that Hyndai music project merging different genres.
Same gear when they in the studio for the clips below

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw a youtube clip of Statik Selectah playing a track he did with Nas and it sounds like the same rhymes Nas used for that regeneration track. I did recall reading that although the track was completed, the samples were not cleared for the Nas track with Statik for Life is good. I wonder what Nas does with the rhymes that were used on completed tracks whose samples do not clear? Probably recycle the rhymes. I would have alternate versions made with either live music, interpolations or chopped up samples.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Saw a youtube clip of Statik Selectah playing a track he did with Nas and it sounds like the same rhymes Nas used for that regeneration track. I did recall reading that although the track was completed, the samples were not cleared for the Nas track with Statik for Life is good. I wonder what Nas does with the rhymes that were used on completed tracks whose samples do not clear? Probably recycle the rhymes. I would have alternate versions made with either live music, interpolations or chopped up samples.

Pretty much that. If you look over the years there's been a few unreleased cuts where he took the rhymes and used them later on other beats. I think the Courthouse track from 2008 which was on the El Darado Black Mixtape ( an early 2009 tape with unreleased Nas tracks from the Untitled sessions) had rhymes which we later used for Be nikka Too

Even War is Necessary from the GTA soundtrack was used on Esco Lets Go