Official Nas Thread

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't call that A grade. but it was certainly one of the better tracks on Life is Good.

yeah i was high on eggnog when i said that. i was a bit over the top i agree especially with how short the track is. but thats my point, dude leaves songs like those that are a more impressive case of saalam's skills as a bonus.

would you guys like it if he just let L.E.S. fully produce his next album?

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
yeah i was high on eggnog when i said that. i was a bit over the top i agree especially with how short the track is. but thats my point, dude leaves songs like those that are a more impressive case of saalam's skills as a bonus.

would you guys like it if he just let L.E.S. fully produce his next album?

nah. he needs to be RZA/Premo level before I want some shyt like that.

Besides, I don't like one-producer albums anyway.

SirBiatch

Daps
So u like no Wu albums? OBFCL? Gangstarr? None of that?

Liquid Swords and OBFCL are in my top 5 all-time. Moment of Truth has some dud tracks, but mostly fantastic. Those brilliant one-producer albums are rare tho.

I think the ideal album has 3-5 producers. Just like Illmatic. That way you're getting cohesion AND variation - best of both worlds.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Liquid Swords and OBFCL are in my top 5 all-time. Moment of Truth has some dud tracks, but mostly fantastic. Those brilliant one-producer albums are rare tho.

I think the ideal album has 3-5 producers. Just like Illmatic. That way you're getting cohesion AND variation - best of both worlds.
Pete Rock and CL Smooth? Tribe Called Quest? The Chronic? The Infamous? Hell On Earth?

SirBiatch

Daps
Pete Rock and CL Smooth? Tribe Called Quest? The Chronic? The Infamous? Hell On Earth?

Love Pete Rock but I'm not big on both albums. Tribe: true. Chronic is overrated. I don't care for it outside of a few tracks. Infamous has Q-Tip. Hell on Earth is a great album but I could do without 1 or 2 tracks.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Love Pete Rock but I'm not big on both albums. Tribe: true. Chronic is overrated. I don't care for it outside of a few tracks. Infamous has Q-Tip. Hell on Earth is a great album but I could do without 1 or 2 tracks.
I mean that's nitpicking tho. There's plenty of albums where I can do without one or 2 tracks. And Q Tip flat out produced like one track on The Infamous. I know he coached Hav and so did The Beatminerz. But that's his production. The Chronic is The Chronic. Don't have to like it but gotta respect it. Pete Rock and CL Smooth albums are dopeness to me. I like one producer albums. I like multiple producer albums too. What's key is that the sound has to be cohesive.