Official Nas Thread

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
On another note here's a dope pic of my Nas collection I posted on Instagram back when LIG dropped.
V44EHrV.jpg

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
nikka that's one of 2 errors I made this whole thread. List all these other errors I've made.

I'm just saying - it's tough to have a serious hip hop convo with someone about production when said individual makes errors on production credits. then calls me delusional :mjlol:

I got my shyt together. I know what I'm talking about.

What about you?

Never really felt this song. I understand the concept but I could never get pass him going thru a book tryna make something go to a beat. Song always bothered me. Again, I understand the concept. Just didn't like the execution.

I'm telling you! nikkas do not give a fukk about this song, especially in comparison to Nas's bangers. It's a great concept. The execution was meh.

I can't say this is way better (it has its flaws too) but I prefer 9th's version. For one, it's a better beat with actual energy. Instead of that plodding Alc shyt that put Nas to sleep. 9th attempts to give more energy to Nas's vocals and give it a rhythm.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I'm just saying - it's tough to have a serious hip hop convo with someone about production when said individual makes errors on production credits. then calls me delusional :mjlol:

I got my shyt together. I know what I'm talking about.

What about you?

I'm telling you! nikkas do not give a fukk about this song, especially in comparison to Nas's bangers. It's a great concept. The execution was meh.

I can't say this is way better (it has its flaws too) but I prefer 9th's version:

So I mistake one production credit and I don't know what I'm talkin bout? Man stfu. I'm consistently legitimate on here and on Sohh. I'm prolly one of the few cats on here who bought these albums in real time. Not retrospect. And what does what u feel Nas did with the concept have to do with the beat itself?

SirBiatch

Daps
So I mistake one production credit and I don't know what I'm talkin bout? Man stfu. I'm consistently legitimate on here and on Sohh.

your arguments were sloppy as fukk. Bringing up "Get Away" outta nowhere. Continually mentioning Illmatic even though I repeatedly said that Alc's shyt doesn't even compare to Nas's best post-Illmatic work. Alc didn't even have the best tracks on the two albums he was heavily featured on: "Lost Tapes" and "God's Son".

Yet you want me to anticipate more Alc work? :mjlol:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
your arguments were sloppy as fukk. Bringing up "Get Away" outta nowhere. Continually mentioning Illmatic even though I repeatedly said that Alc's shyt don't even compare to Nas's best post-Illmatic work.
I brought up Get Away cause u mentioned that Mobb's group work having a certain sound. That was the argument u posed to me. So I hit u wit tracks to dispute that. It wasn't out of nowhere. And list what u think is his best post Illmatic work.

SirBiatch

Daps
I brought up Get Away cause u mentioned that Mobb's group work having a certain sound. That was the argument u posed to me. So I hit u wit tracks to dispute that. It wasn't out of nowhere. And list what u think is his best post Illmatic work.

so you brought up an anomaly to disprove my argument? Cmon breh. Why didn't you bring up "Hey Luv" while you were at it? :russ:

"Get Away" is different from your usual Mobb Deep track in sound. You know this. Don't play dumb.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
so you brought up an anomaly to disprove my argument? Cmon breh. Why didn't you bring up "Hey Luv" while you were at it? :russ:

"Get Away" is different from your usual Mobb Deep track in sound. You know this. Don't play dumb.
The reason I brought it up cause people love the track and it's real popular. And it's not an anomaly. Look at their catalog post Murda Muzik. shyt Murda Muzik even had some shyt thats similar to the direction of HNIC.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Sohh for the most part we can all agree that Illmatic is monumental and it's presence in hip hop is everlasting.

Here's my question, and I'm only asking this becuz I wasn't here at the beginning of the thread and I'm not sure if it was ever asked:

What is your favorite Nas album? Mines is ******. This album has such an impact on me at a time when I was metally unfocused. It helped me put my energy into something that was worth a damn at the time. I was in the middle of a melancholy divorce and I was on my second deployment in Afghanistan. For whatever reason this album made me feel something in a time where I couldn't feel shyt.

I remember taking an English courseabout 4 years ago and we were asked to write an article/review of something that had an impact on us and I chose this album. I covered as much as I could from the NYC Council demanding him to change the title to how he was able to get C. Breezy on the track with him.

Lethal Injection
LAD
Reasonable Doubt
Supreme Clientel

Are my favorite albums of all time.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
The reason I brought it up cause people love the track and it's real popular. And it's not an anomaly. Look at their catalog post Murda Muzik. shyt Murda Muzik even had some shyt thats similar to the direction of HNIC.

That Diamond joint is almost a copy and paste of Quiet Storm from a production standpoint.

SirBiatch

Daps
Sohh for the most part we can all agree that Illmatic is monumental and it's presence in hip hop is everlasting.

Here's my question, and I'm only asking this becuz I wasn't here at the beginning of the thread and I'm not sure if it was ever asked:

What is your favorite Nas album? Mines is ******. This album has such an impact on me at a time when I was metally unfocused. It helped me put my energy into something that was worth a damn at the time. I was in the middle of a melancholy divorce and I was on my second deployment in Afghanistan. For whatever reason this album made me feel something in a time where I couldn't feel shyt.

I remember taking an English courseabout 4 years ago and we were asked to write an article/review of something that had an impact on us and I chose this album. I covered as much as I could from the NYC Council demanding him to change the title to how he was able to get C. Breezy on the track with him.

Lethal Injection
LAD
Reasonable Doubt
Supreme Clientel

hey breh, what are your favorite tracks off Nizzle?

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
hey breh, what are your favorite tracks off Nizzle?

I dont know bruh. Depends on what side of the bed I wake up on.

You Cant Stop Us Now
Project Roach
Fried Chicken (Busta's verse about the pork is straight :mjlol: . Top 5 funniest verse)
Titel Track
Sly Fox
Testify
Queens Get The Money

That's in no order bruh. I just love the album.

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest

Lethal Injection
LAD
Reasonable Doubt
Supreme Clientel

nas-it-was-written-2lp.jpg

The lyrics and flow on this album..:banderas: