Official Nas Thread

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wondering know what Nas' project schedule is for 2016. The one article on the Lost Tapes said it would be out in the Spring so now I am wondering if it will be out before the new album. I know Nas is cooking up something great but I'm just anxious to hear what the last 3 years sound like from Nas, lyrically. Not to mention those lost tapes. I know he has a lot of other projects due to come out to, now more that I can remember. Saw his documentary again and am wondering what the plan is for 2016 beyond.... but I'll just be happy with the music.

Ark

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Anambra
Haven't heard this in a long time... it's crazy how this song relates from Poppa Was A Playa

Daughters: "plus she see me switching women, pops is on some pimp sh*t"

Poppa Was A Playa: "could I help it poppa was a rolling stone? who loved the pretty round brown, out of town bound..."

The sins of the father eh...

This is why I love Nas man. He put all his life on records, it's spiritual as a lifelong listener connecting these dots...

:jbhmm: And it's strange now how, I do my thing now
I'm in the game now
And heard of it his brain pow
To pull strings and gain power
From weed habits are same now
No white lines to trumpets to tight rhymes
And beats that be pumping
Before he left he taught me something
A child's young years the most important time to
be there
That's why he stayed till we grew up, respect is
still here
I'm older now see what having a father's about
One day they can be in your life next day they be
out

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Merry Christmas Ladies & Gents

JyaXs90.png

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I Can, Hey Nas, Sekou Story, You Know My Style, Who Killed It, You Can't Stop Us Now, Reach Out...eh. The unifying theme is overused samples and bad attempts at throwback production. Simply not a fan, especially when you know Nas can work with anyone. I know a lot of Nas fans disagree with me on this. But when I hear those beats and then listen to the beats Jay picked around the same time, or the beats Premo was making for other people around the same time...smh.
:francis:

Even someone like Common who has a reputation for being even more "boring" than Nas has a better track record. For the record by the way Common is one of my favorite rappers just like Nas I am just talking about the general consensus. After hearing Like Water For Chocolate in full the past week for the very first time(yes...thats what i said) i can c/s this post even more. We can compare that album to something similar from Nas like "Untitled" and see the glaring difference. Obviously with content like that nobody is saying Esco gotta have trap beats but look at the production on LWFC and see how fantastic it was and just meshed well together. But then something like Nas that had the potential to be on that level of greatness, Nas dropped the ball with questionable production choices.

Then the few times he does get A grade quality from Saalam he leaves tracks like "The Black Bond" on the deluxe addiction. Just :snoop: all around

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
“One of my greatest memories is bringing Nas to Shaolin, to RZA’s house for him to come do his verse for ‘Verbal Intercourse,'” Raekwon tells The Boombox about recording Only Built 4 Cuban Linx. “That was one of my moments because we were chillin’ back then. A lot of people don’t know that Nas and I we were real cool back in the ’90s. He would come to my crib or I would go to his crib.”

Rae details how the magic happened on “Verbal Intercourse,” which came to be due to his ear for solid lyrics. “We got him out to Staten Island — ’cause you know he’s the only feature on the album — we are in the studio at RZA’s crib, we played him the beat and he loved the beat,” the MC recalls. “But he just didn’t know what rhyme to throw… Next thing, you know me, I had to go into A&R mode and play some s—. I’m like, ‘Give me some ideas or sing some joints.’ When that, ‘Threw, the lights, camera action’ thing came out and he pieced that muthaf—- together I said ‘That’s it, homie.’ And that was illest verses from a feature that I ever had in my life.”

Nas’ appearance on the album may have been a shock to some Wu heads since the album was originally intended to feature just Rae and his brothers in the Clan. “For us, how Nas got on the album was like, if there could be a 10th member of the Wu, it would have been him,” the “Wall to Wall” rapper states. “I had a lot of friends who I could have called on at that time, but that was an album that I personally wanted to make one of the illest rap albums of the world… and I knew [Nas] fit that chamber.

Raekwon Opens Up About 'The Purple Tape Files,' Nas' Studio Session for 'Only Built 4 Cuban Linx' [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]

Jt5BM0T.jpg

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Even someone like Common who has a reputation for being even more "boring" than Nas has a better track record. For the record by the way Common is one of my favorite rappers just like Nas I am just talking about the general consensus. After hearing Like Water For Chocolate in full the past week for the very first time(yes...thats what i said) i can c/s this post even more. We can compare that album to something similar from Nas like "Untitled" and see the glaring difference. Obviously with content like that nobody is saying Esco gotta have trap beats but look at the production on LWFC and see how fantastic it was and just meshed well together. But then something like Nas that had the potential to be on that level of greatness, Nas dropped the ball with questionable production choices.

Then the few times he does get A grade quality from Saalam he leaves tracks like "The Black Bond" on the deluxe addiction. Just :snoop: all around

I wouldn't call that A grade. but it was certainly one of the better tracks on Life is Good.