Official Nas Thread

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
:martin:

it's a staple in Prodigy's set. you can ever hear the crowd go 'wooooo" when it comes on.

cmon breh. don't act like a newb on this. "Cant Complain" is a classic Prodigy record (not Mobb Deep record, Prodigy record). It's top 3.

:duck:

:martin:

Cmon breh. I've compared Alc's joints to joints from the producers in the "Nas top 5" list that I posted. Large Pro had better Nas joints than Alc that came out AFTER Illmatic. I'm even comparing them to other Lost Tape joints (LES had better beats on Lost Tapes than Alc did).

Alc didn't do Get Away. :what:

Your shyt's riddled with errors because you're getting defensive about Alc.

nikka like I said. I love Can't Complain. I don't have anything to prove to u. I even reference it randomly in a storytelling track I wrote back in the day. That's how much I love the song. HNIC is a personal classic to me. And what errors nikka? I don't think u know who the fukk u talkin to. Check my history nikka. I mentioned those tracks in Mobb's catalog on purpose cause u tried to act like I can't compare Mobb's shyt wit Prodigy and Get Away was on the album right after HNIC dropped. It was mentioned for a reason. Cause of the direction Mobb went with their music. I never even said Alc did Get Away. Point out where I said that. Point out these errors im riddled with. I mentioned it cause of the sound of the track. Either way I'm sayin if shyt like No Ideas Original and Book Of Rhymes ain't classic Nas. Than u can't make a track like Can't Complain a classic Prodigy track. I could give a fukk if he perform it or not. There's plenty of classic Nas shyt that he doesn't perform which I illustrated in an earlier post. Either way it take a nikka like u to come in here and fukk the thread up wit negativity.

Last edited:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
nikka like I said. I love Can't Complain. I don't have anything to prove to u. I even reference it randomly in a storytelling track I wrote back in the day. That's how much I love the song. HNIC is a personal classic to me. And what errors nikka? I don't think u know who the fukk u talkin to. Check my history nikka. I mentioned those tracks in Mobb's catalog on purpose cause u tried to act like I can't compare Mobb's shyt wit Prodigy and Get Away was on the album right after HNIC dropped. It was mentioned for a reason. Cause of the direction Mobb went with their music. I never even said Alc did Get Away. I mentioned it cause of the sound of the track. Either way I'm sayin if shyt like No Ideas Original and Book Of Rhymes ain't classic Nas. Than u can't make a track like Can't Complain a classic Prodigy track. I could give a fukk if he perform it or not. There's plenty of classic Nas shyt that he doesn't perform which I illustrated in an earlier post.

is Can't Complain one of Prodigy's best SOLO records? Yes. Don't play stupid. Ask ANYONE who listens to Prodigy. Can't Complain is one of his without-a-doubt best records.

Are No Ideas Original and Book of Rhymes some of Nas's best SOLO records? No they're not. Not even close. You take Illmatic out the picture and there are probably 40 better Nas songs that come before anything Alc made.

End of discussion.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
is Can't Complain one of Prodigy's best SOLO records? Yes. Don't play stupid. Ask ANYONE who listens to Prodigy. Can't Complain is one of his without-a-doubt best records.

Are No Ideas Original and Book of Rhymes some of Nas's best SOLO records? No they're not. Not even close. You take Illmatic out the picture and there are probably 40 better Nas songs that come before anything Alc made.

End of discussion.
nikka that's not a fair comparison. Do u see the fukkin sheer difference in volume of solo catalogs? And Prodigy's solo catalog ain't shyt to write home about. After HNIC he was on the decline as an overall artist to the point where Hav was consistently dropping better verses. I mean he had Return Of The Mac n shyt like that but nah. Most of his solo career ain't fukkin wit HNIC. Which is more of a personal classic album than undisputed classic. If Nas made Can't Complain I can guarantee u wouldn't call it a classic going by ur rating system. By the way I never said Can't Complain wasn't a classic Prodigy record. I said u can't call it a classic Prodigy record and then turn around and say Book Of Rhymes and No Ideas Original ain't classics. And yes. If someone made a greatest Nas songs compilation. Them 2 songs are damn near guaranteed to be on it. I can't even believe I'm arguing this shyt. Those songs are instantly recognizable.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The clock went back from 3, to 2, to 1 And that's bout the time the story begun:banderas:

...Nasty:fire: don't get enuff credit for what he did on Rewind:myman:

Lowkey, for years I wondered if the voicemail at end was backwards too, until I got it:krs:

SirBiatch

Daps
nikka that's not a fair comparison. Do u see the fukkin sheer difference in volume of solo catalogs? And Prodigy's solo catalog ain't shyt to write home about. After HNIC he was on the decline as an overall artist to the point where Hav was consistently dropping better verses. I mean he had Return Of The Mac n shyt like that but nah. Most of his solo career ain't fukkin wit HNIC. Which is more of a personal classic album than undisputed classic. If Nas made Can't Complain I can guarantee u wouldn't call it a classic going by ur rating system. By the way I never said Can't Complain wasn't a classic Prodigy record. I said u can't call it a classic Prodigy record and then turn around and say Book Of Rhymes and No Ideas Original ain't classics.

Can't Complain has a way better beat than No Ideas Original & Book of Rhymes.

I feel like we're dancing in circles.

The whole point of this debate is that I want producers who have made Nas's best work to continue working with him. Asking for Alc to work with Nas yet again is silly because Alc never made Nas's best work. Alc has had multiple tries. Nas should be working with people who have made his best work or experiment with another B-tier producer he has yet to work with. Alc is a B if not C-tier producer. Good for a dope beat here and there but mostly misfires. No need to fixate on him.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I feel like we're dancing in circles.

The whole point of this debate is that I want producers who have made Nas's best work to continue working with him. Asking for Alc to work with Nas yet again is silly because Alc never made Nas's best work. Alc has had multiple tries. Nas should be working with people who have made his best work or experiment with another B-tier producer he has yet to work with. Alc is a B if not C-tier producer. No need to fixate on him.
See but what I'm sayin. And what other people pointed out in this thread. Is that Alc and Nas go good together. They don't have one track that ain't atleast dope. They may not have shyt on the level of some of the shyt from Illmatic. But neither does alotta producers. Even the ones who did beats for Ilmatic. shyt. U mentioned Made U Look as a classic Nas record. Which it most definitely is. But with the amount of unfair hate Salaam Remi gets I can damn near guarantee people would rather see Alc's name. Premo is not the same Premo. Pete Rock ain't the same Pete Rock. Q Tip ain't the same Q Tip. LES still blesses Nas. Large Pro blessed Nas just on his last album. Either way Nas needs producers he has chemistry with. Bottom line. And Alc is one of em imo. They got nothing but dope work together.

SirBiatch

Daps
See but what I'm sayin. And what other people pointed out in this thread. Is that Alc and Nas go good together. They don't have one track that ain't atleast dope. They may not have shyt on the level of some of the shyt from Illmatic. But neither does alotta producers. Even the ones who did beats for Ilmatic. shyt. U mentioned Made U Look as a classic Nas record. Which it most definitely is. But with the amount of unfair hate Salaam Remi gets I can damn near guarantee people would rather see Alc's name. Premo is not the same Premo. Pete Rock ain't the same Pete Rock. Q Tip ain't the same Q Tip. LES still blesses Nas. Large Pro blessed Nas just on his last album. Either way Nas needs producers he has chemistry with. Bottom line. And Alc is one of em imo. They got nothing but dope work together.

"dope" is the new mediocre.

I don't want dope - I want classic or near classic. I have no interest in "that was alright" records, which is where Alc excels at. This is Nas we're talking about. Not some fukking mixtape rapper.

And why do you keep fixating on Illmatic? I've told you countless times that Nas has tons of songs outside of Illmatic that put his Alc collabs to shame. Randoms have made better beats for Nas than Alc (Hillie HIll and Hill Inc - same person? - come to mind).

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
"dope" is the new mediocre.

I don't want dope - I want classic or near classic. I have no interest in "that was alright" records, which is where Alc excels at. This is Nas we're talking about. Not some fukking mixtape rapper.

And why do you keep fixating on Illmatic? I've told you countless times that Nas has tons of songs outside of Illmatic that put his Alc collabs to shame. Randoms have made better beats for Nas than Alc (Hillie HIll and Hill Inc - same person? - come to mind).
so No Ideas Original. Book Of Rhymes. Self Conscience. My Way etc ain't great Nas tracks? Mixtape rapper? nikka those songs would be the best songs in any other rapper's catalog. U sound delusional.

SirBiatch

Daps
so No Ideas Original. Book Of Rhymes. Self Conscience. My Way etc ain't great Nas tracks?

with the exception of Self Conscience, no they're not. A great Nas track is 2nd Childhood. Those tracks you mentioned are noticeable notches below. Try again.

And speaking of Self Conscience, you stay making errors. :snoop: Alc did not do Self Conscience.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Gotta say again, just because Alc didn't make Nas' best work doesn't mean they should never work again. The goal should be for Nas to work with dope producers, because dope producers are more likely to give him dope shyt; then it's up to him to make the track great, classic, whatever.

Dame Grease can't make a classic track in 2015 (or ever) for Nas. Swizz probably can't either. But Alc can, given his recent output. Maybe Timbo can too if Nas picks the right beat.

Life Is Good doesn't have any "classic" tracks to me but it has some great ones. Bye Baby for instance. I'm not expecting Nas to release an album full of classic songs in 2015/2016. Or just about anyone tbh. Give me a dope album with GREAT production and I'll be happy. No more Reach Out type stuff...

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Gotta say again, just because Alc didn't make Nas' best work doesn't mean they should never work again. The goal should be for Nas to work with dope producers, because dope producers are more likely to give him dope shyt; then it's up to him to make the track great, classic, whatever.

Dame Grease can't make a classic track in 2015 (or ever) for Nas. Swizz probably can't either. But Alc can, given his recent output. Maybe Timbo can too if Nas picks the right beat.

Life Is Good doesn't have any "classic" tracks to me but it has some great ones. Bye Baby for instance. I'm not expecting Nas to release an album full of classic songs in 2015/2016. Or just about anyone tbh. Give me a dope album with GREAT production and I'll be happy. No more Reach Out type stuff...
Basically.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
with the exception of Self Conscience, no they're not. A great Nas track is 2nd Childhood. Those tracks you mentioned are noticeable notches below. Try again.

And speaking of Self Conscience, you stay making errors. :snoop: Alc did not do Self Conscience.
nikka that's one of 2 errors I made this whole thread. List all these other errors I've made.