Official Nas Thread

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Alc is dope. The tracks Alc did for Nas, I think are super dope! Dope as hell. My Way, No Ideas, Book of Rhymes is my shyt. I even think Alc did the unreleased My Will track for Nas... but I don't think those tracks are not on the "We Gone Make It" level and thats what I want Alc to give to Nas... and Nas except, complete, release and turn classic.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
That's the thing tho. Keep It Thoro is a classic Prodigy record. It's easily one of his absolute best, perfect songs. We Gon Make It is a classic Jada record, easily one of his best. Can you honestly say Book Of Rhymes is one of Nas' best, standout tracks in the same way those other tracks are for P and Jada? I don't think so.

When you play Keep It Thoro the crowd goes crazy. We Gon Make It makes the crowd to crazy. No Ideas Original doesn't do that, in fact does Nas even perform it live? Meanwhile you know what makes a crowd to wild? Made You Look. Because it's a classic Nas record.

You got classic tier and great tier. I'd put No Ideas Original in the great tier. I'd also put NY State Of Mind 2 in there. Amazing song, wouldn't call it classic. Dunno why Nas never put it in his live sets consistently, that beat knocks...
That's cause they don't have as extensive catalogs as Nas has. Nas dont perform Take It In Blood or I Gave You Power either. Don't mean they ain't classics. And compare Keep It Thoro to some shyt from The Infamous or Hell On Earth. It ain't fukkin wit it. But that dont mean it ain't a classic track. That's what I'm tryna say. Undying Love is a classic Nas storytelling track. One of his best. Nas never remotely mentions it. Still a classic.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
That's the thing tho. Keep It Thoro is a classic Prodigy record. It's easily one of his absolute best, perfect songs. We Gon Make It is a classic Jada record, easily one of his best. Can you honestly say Book Of Rhymes is one of Nas' best, standout tracks in the same way those other tracks are for P and Jada? I don't think so.

When you play Keep It Thoro the crowd goes crazy. We Gon Make It makes the crowd to crazy. No Ideas Original doesn't do that, in fact does Nas even perform it live? Meanwhile you know what makes a crowd to wild? Made You Look. Because it's a classic Nas record.

You got classic tier and great tier. I'd put No Ideas Original in the great tier. I'd also put NY State Of Mind 2 in there. Amazing song, wouldn't call it classic. Dunno why Nas never put it in his live sets consistently, that beat knocks...

NY State of Mind 2 > No Ideas Original. Easily.

but I get your point and I agree.

SirBiatch

Daps
That's cause they don't have as extensive catalogs as Nas has. Nas dont perform Take It In Blood or I Gave You Power either. Don't mean they ain't classics. And compare Keep It Thoro to some shyt from The Infamous or Hell On Earth. It ain't fukkin wit it. But that dont mean it ain't a classic track. That's what I'm tryna say. Undying Love is a classic Nas storytelling track. One of his best. Nas never remotely mentions it. Still a classic.

but you wouldn't make that comparison anyway :what:

Mobb Deep make a different style of music than Prodigy does solo. Mobb Deep together make grimy, eerie atmospheric music. Prodigy 'relaxes' when it comes to his solo shyt and muses about a bunch of shyt. You wouldn't compare "Cant Complain" to anything on Infamous or HOE but Cant Complain is an absolute Prodigy classic.

Let's try and keep our examples consistent.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
but you wouldn't make that comparison anyway :what:

Mobb Deep make a different style of music than Prodigy does solo. Mobb Deep together make grimy, eerie atmospheric music. Prodigy 'relaxes' when it comes to his solo shyt and muses about a bunch of shyt. You wouldn't compare "Cant Complain" to anything on Infamous or HOE but Cant Complain is an absolute Prodigy classic.

Let's try and keep our examples consistent.
See that's the bullshyt. How the fukk is a random album cut like Can't Complain a classic? But when we mention a song like No Ideas Original which is way better. Somehow it ain't a classic. And I love Can't Complain. I'm being consistent. U comparing Nas' Illmatic shyt which has a whole different feel to his newer shyt. And let's not act like Mobb Deep don't got shyt like Get Away. Hold You Down. or Win Or Lose in they group catalog.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
U buggin. My Way is a classic track. No Ideas Original is a classic track. Book of Rhymes is a classic track. Tick Tock is a classic track. nikka any Nas fan would tell u these are classic Nas songs. His classic songs aren't only the ones YOU feel are classic. These are songs instantly recognizable by any true Nas fan as some of his best in his catalog. U just being narrowminded.

I agree.

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
It's not about how dope the beat is. Sometimes the beat can be dope as fukk but it just don't fit the artist. I can't even picture Nas on that shyt.

i feel u. but it's really because u heard the lox on it first and they teared the shyt up so you can see anyone else on it ( and ras kass version was probablyolder but mediocre in comparaison). Who knows what nap would have done on it.

It's like with waiting for the world to end, I dig the beat very luch, but also like the title, that add a mystyque to the beat itself an the tone of the track. If nas woulda spit on it, the title would've not be the same and maybe it would have been a different mood

SirBiatch

Daps
See that's the bullshyt. How the fukk is a random album cut like Can't Complain a classic? But when we mention a song like No Ideas Original which is way better. Somehow it ain't a classic.

:martin:

it's a staple in Prodigy's set. you can ever hear the crowd go 'wooooo" when it comes on.

cmon breh. don't act like a newb on this. "Cant Complain" is a classic Prodigy record (not Mobb Deep record, Prodigy record). It's top 3.

And I love Can't Complain.

:duck:

I'm being consistent. U comparing Nas' Illmatic shyt which has a whole different feel to his newer shyt. And let's not act like Mobb Deep don't got shyt like Get Away. Hold You Down. or Win Or Lose in they group catalog.

:martin:

Cmon breh. I've compared Alc's joints to joints from the producers in the "Nas top 5" list that I posted. Large Pro had better Nas joints than Alc that came out AFTER Illmatic. I'm even comparing them to other Lost Tape joints (LES had better beats on Lost Tapes than Alc did).

Alc didn't do Get Away. :what:

Your shyt's riddled with errors because you're getting defensive about Alc.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
No Ideas Original is an amazing song, I just won't call it classic. It would be classic for most rappers. But can I put it in the same box with tracks like One Love, NY State Of Mind, I Gave You Power, Nas Is Like, One Mic, etc? Personally I can't. That doesn't mean it's not dope lol.

I'm the type of guy who doesn't use the word classic lightly. I'm real stingy with it...

:beli::skip::what: