Official Nas Thread

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
I do understand that Nas is really doing well in several other aspects of the business besides music and I am truly happy for him, however, I am a little disappointed though about the longer wait. I too, think the Lost Tapes should come on out. I wonder if he will continue to work on more musics occasional and add to what is already in the can for the new album, when fully inspired of course. At this point, there has to be over 40 songs recorded and complete that he can choose from, since his last album.

I am certain, he will have a dope album. I Just want to hear some new Nas!
You can't be disappointed in the man tho. The dude is 42, been putting out content consistently for 20+ years now, just went on his most intense tour of his career celebrating the 20th anniversary/documentary, and doing festivals everywhere.

If he puts out an album or even Lost Tapes 2 right now he'll be forced to do a lot of that all over again right away or very soon. We can't expect him to do this forever.

Would be some shyt if he dropped a project outta nowhere with no notice in the next few months tho. :ohlawd:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The GOAT was just feeling himself in the club that one night.

At NO point did I ever believe Esco was dropping content this year. Surprised anyone thought he would. The don always takes his time; he just started making dinner brehs

And feeling himself on that School Boy Q record and on Angies show?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Selah is a good dude. Will be interesting to see if he can elevate YG, who has a lot of potential. Really liked that Selah pointed out YG is going in the opposite direction of Kendrick in terms of west coast shyt.

Anyway back to Nas. Will be interesting to see what direction he goes in. I just hope to god he finally sits down with the best producers in the game again.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here is whats confusing me a bit. Maybe @Life is Good can clear this up a bit. The new album was said to be done and ready to roll a while back. I wonder if it was truly complete and Nas was just waiting for the right time to drop or was he not all the way satisfied with it and felt like something was missing? Has he still, on occasion, been back to the lab working on more material for this album? I know he works hard to put out his very best so I am wondering if Nas is still in there cooking?

Daps
This remix is just beautiful.

The beauty of life was when my Mom said nikka you could be Christ :blessed:
I wasn't old enough to hold my dikk and pee right... :pachaha:
...Jesus! What is he like? I picture him standing with diamonds on him :whoo:
Little different from the way my Mommy saw him :ahh:

HHID

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd: I am rearranged in the original order:whoo:

:ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh:

Wasn't really supposed to be I Am in its original order, I think even dude said it was his personal version. Interesting stuff anyways.

I always thought that without the bootlegging and with some better song selection, Nas would've matched the level of Illmatic & IWW with the I Am The Autobiography double disc, and would've probably topped them all with an optimal tracklist for Stillmatic ie the best songs of his 2000-2001 studio sessions (Death Of Escobar, Stillmatic and songs specially recorded for Lost Tapes)

In my book this 15 joints tracklist is more solid than any retail album he ever dropped. I've had it as a .m3u file for years and it's always an incredible listening experience.

01 - Stillmatic (The Intro).mp3
02 - Ether.mp3
03 - Got UR Self A....mp3
04 - You're Da Man.mp3
05 - Rewind.mp3
06 - One Mic.mp3
07 - 2nd Childhood.mp3
08 - Doo Rags.mp3
09 - Black Zombie.mp3
10 - Purple.mp3
11 - No Idea's Original.mp3
12 - What Goes Around.mp3
13 - Every Ghetto.mp3
14 - My Way.mp3
15 - Nothing Lasts Forever.mp3

HHID

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Speaking of this BTW, I did my own version of this about 10 years ago, a whole mixtape of Nas telling a story from his mother's womb,to growing up in the Pj's, Street life, making money, losing it all, dying, being reborn etc..

I felt an urge to share it only years later in 2012 when the anticipation for Life is Good was soooo fukking high..

A lot of the songs are mixed with the original song it sampled.

Part 1 of 6 here :

Haha I even made a couple blog pages about it, how sweet... :shaq: reading that shyt a few years later

Nas - I Am...The Audiobiography (mixed by HHID): Nas- I Am...The Audiobiography

Daps
Reppin
GSO, NC >>> Land of Oz (KC)
Speaking of this BTW, I did my own version of this about 10 years ago, a whole mixtape of Nas telling a story from his mother's womb,to growing up in the Pj's, Street life, making money, losing it all, dying, being reborn etc..

I felt an urge to share it only years later in 2012 when the anticipation for Life is Good was soooo fukking high..

A lot of the songs are mixed with the original song it sampled.

Part 1 of 6 here :

Haha I even made a couple blog pages about it, how sweet... :shaq: reading that shyt a few years later

Nas - I Am...The Audiobiography (mixed by HHID): Nas- I Am...The Audiobiography

@HHID Can you repost a link to the mix you created? Would be most appreciated.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I thought he was trying to get off Def Jam, why wait?

It will be his FINAL "Major Label" album so I would assume he wants to go "out" with a bang. Remember this album will essentially be a set up for the next phase of his musical career. Nas has really never been one to rely heavily on promotion (he has said that he pockets the promo budget) but I'm sure he enjoys the added perks and benefits of being a legendary artist NOT on some bullshyt 360 deal. If this final album does extremely well it looks good for him, which bodes well for everything he is involved in (Queensbrige Venture, Mass Appeal, Hennesy, Sprite, 12AM Run, Rock The Bells, etc) which in turn gives him bargaining power.

It's like Jay-Z said "I ran through that buck fifty Live Nation fronted me/ They working another deal talking about Two Hundred Fifty/ I'm holding out for three/ two seventy five and I just MIGHT agree/