Official Nas Thread

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The album is coming soon. This makes no sense. Why is he making all these club appearances?
He's going to be featured on Rick Ross and Jadakiss ' albums dropping in the fourth quarter. Dude is kinda poppin right now.
The timing is right.

Ain't no way he gon keep this up till next year in November. Why would he kick back ? He could lose his momentum.
And you never know what wave 2016 might introduce to the world. The culture might shift.

It's just not good business. This Saleh guy seems to be a little smarter than that.

My 2 cents.

What are you talking about? You're saying he's dropping soon when his manager says otherwise? Were you one those fans who thought Droog was Nas?

I don't know. Nas stated in Orlando that the album was dropping Summer 2015. He was getting ready to drop a single many months ago.

Anthony saying that Nas has recorded individual songs (making it sound like Nas is far from completing an album) seems strange.

Something is not adding up.

I'm with you.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I see what you mean, but I think people get caught up with their ideology/personalities rather than the music. I can't see Nas on a song like "Alright" or "bytch Don't Kill My Vibe," but he'd be right at home on "30 For 30" or "0 to 100" or "Pound Cake." Plus Nas has always been closer to Kool G Rap than Rakim. I feel like you're downplaying the substance in Drake's music and downplaying the braggadocious side of Nas's music.

I'm talking about them as rappers, not really their production choices. If we talk about production sure, the downtempto stuff Drake raps over fits Nas' current style. Both Kendrick and Drake have great ears for beats, whereas IMO Nas doesn't. That's just my opinion, I know people disagree...

Drake has more substance at this point in his career than Hov did IMO, but overall he's still largely about braggadocious shyt than anything. Yes Nas brags a lot too, but his last few projects have been loose concept albums about personal or semi-political stuff. Kendrick is in that type of lane too.

Daps
Reppin
GSO, NC >>> Land of Oz (KC)
How was it bruh? I did this in 2004 something, a couple mixes are cringeworthy tbh but IMO the rest is still fire to this day, shyt does really tell a story

Definitely fire, enjoyed the mix. The sequencing was on point. Flowed and went thru the various phases of life... From the womb to the tomb. Good lookin again on posting. :salute:

TheLAKid

Banned
Daps
I hate to bring bad news but Nas has a 3-4 month minimum workup time after announcing the album. The soonest is early 2016. Probably March

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
And, no FlowerPot in sight:banderas:

...QB and LeFrak reunited:wow:

That's them 90s KId QU GOATS:blessed:

:blessed:

some more pics here

lSmonnu.jpg

DnH9UZT.jpg

Sean "Diddy" Combs, Nas, N.O.R.E., Ace Hood, & Carnage at LIV on Sunday - World Red Eye