Official Nas Thread

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fall 2016 is more tolerable if we get lost tapes 2 by spring 2016 :lupe:

I do understand that Nas is really doing well in several other aspects of the business besides music and I am truly happy for him, however, I am a little disappointed though about the longer wait. I too, think the Lost Tapes should come on out. I wonder if he will continue to work on more musics occasional and add to what is already in the can for the new album, when fully inspired of course. At this point, there has to be over 40 songs recorded and complete that he can choose from, since his last album.

I am certain, he will have a dope album. I Just want to hear some new Nas!

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would thrilled with the Lost Tapes 2 first. Whats up with that? I wonder if that spring release is still a possibility.

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
Def Jam already denied Lost Tapes 2, if they going to release Nas material, it'll be his studio album.

I'm assuming Lost Tapes 2 will be released on Mass Appeal after his final album on def jam is done.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
I know this is going to be sacrilegious to say in this thread :whoa:, but anyone else feel like if Nas never dropped another album, that Life Is Good would be a kinda cool note to go out on? Don't get me wrong, I'm still anticipating his new shyt, but dude has given me more than enough music over the years, and reinvented himself enough times to the point where I can never really get bored of his discography.

Also, how dope would a 20th anniversary roll out of It Was Written be? Re-release of the album, documentary, book, shows, etc. It probably wouldn't be as big of a draw as the Illmatic anniversary, but it would be even more interesting imo.

Mandizi

5-I-3 till I D-I-E
Daps
Reppin
Cincy
I know this is going to be sacrilegious to say in this thread :whoa:, but anyone else feel like if Nas never dropped another album, that Life Is Good would be a kinda cool note to go out on? Don't get me wrong, I'm still anticipating his new shyt, but dude has given me more than enough music over the years, and reinvented himself enough times to the point where I can never really get bored of his discography.

Also, how dope would a 20th anniversary roll out of It Was Written be? Re-release of the album, documentary, book, shows, etc. It probably wouldn't be as big of a draw as the Illmatic anniversary, but it would be even more interesting imo.

I feel that way. Any new music from Nas at this point would a bonus. He honestly has nothing else to prove musically. His legacy is secure. With that being said, if I live to see his next release, you better believe it's a first-week cop (unless the music is absolutely garbage, which would be hard to imagine coming from Nas).

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Now you get why I speak so highly of this man. He does not just let anyone in his circle. He laughs at these industry dudes that think they know him and want to talk slick. But later beg to be in his good grace. He truly is a man who lives by trust and honor. Loyalty is big for him and Anthony is the only manager he fully ever trusted. Due to their relationship Nas' career at this stage will continue to flourish.

Saleh stop talking about yourself in 3rd person.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:russ: At the thought of Nas manager, who also manages Future and YG having the time to post on an Internet forum for shyts and giggles...

I'm so proud Grand Wizard is still supporting Nas on internet forums. He is a true childhood friend :to:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Def Jam already denied Lost Tapes 2, if they going to release Nas material, it'll be his studio album.

I'm assuming Lost Tapes 2 will be released on Mass Appeal after his final album on def jam is done.

They didn't "deny" it they didn't give Nas the budget he wanted. He wanted it to be more than just a collection of bootleg/unreleased material he wanted to do it proper and shoot videos for the project.

It'll now be released on Mass Appeal, which means AFTER his final Def Jam solo album. Which act silly might be a blessing in disguise because Mass Appeal is under Sony, which owns the masters to Nas's unreleased material from 94-2004. That's a WEALTH of songs in the vault