Official Nas Thread

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
In order to do that he'd have to branch out musically. Will we finally get a collab with Kendrick for instance, and more consistent modern production? I hope so. Not saying he needs to release a BP3 type (trash) record with every hot artist on it but I want to see him work with some new folks. If it makes sense. Nas and Kendrick makes sense, whereas Nas and Future doesn't make sense for instance.

And no Swizz Beats.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Nas and Kendrick doesn't make much sense to me. They don't have much in common stylistically. Drake and Nas would be a much better match imo. I'd be excited with him going in with the same producers from LIG, though. Salaam, Buckwild, No ID, Justice League, 40, etc.

Edit: Nas would've sounded great on the first half of the new Diddy album, which kinda reminds me of some of the production in LIG. Slick, cinematic shyt without being too cluttered or busy.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: ISO

ShellBAQ

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Champaine,Illinois
a8e4c4175088a8ddce727e2da2771625.500x260x18.gif

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Nas and Kendrick doesn't make much sense to me. They don't have much in common stylistically. Drake and Nas would be a much better match imo. I'd be excited with him going in with the same producers from LIG, though. Salaam, Buckwild, No ID, Justice League, 40, etc.

Edit: Nas would've sounded great on the first half of the new Diddy album, which kinda reminds me of some of the production in LIG. Slick, cinematic shyt without being too cluttered or busy.
I also feel Nas is much closer to Drake, then Kendrick if a collaboration were to happen. Nas already had Boi-1-Da and 40 on Life is Good. He did the Sprite joint concert with Drake earlier this year too and he and Drake were both featured on a Nicki Minaj record a few years back.

I wouldn't mind either of them though, a conscious record with Kendrick Lamar or a braggadacious record with Drake is guaranteed IMO to be a good record.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I also feel Nas is much closer to Drake, then Kendrick if a collaboration were to happen. Nas already had Boi-1-Da and 40 on Life is Good. He did the Sprite joint concert with Drake earlier this year too and he and Drake were both featured on a Nicki Minaj record a few years back.

I wouldn't mind either of them though, a conscious record with Kendrick Lamar or a braggadacious record with Drake is guaranteed IMO to be a good record.

A Drake/Nas collabo would make more sense than a Kendrick collabo. I think Kendrick is >>>>>>> Drake, but a lot of Kendrick's features aren't that great IMO. Kendrick wanted Nas on "Sing For Me". That would've been crazy.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Actually I think Nas and Kendrick are very similar. Both are poetic, evocative lyricists whose main strengths lie in painting a picture of the moment. The project window view, or romanticism.

Whereas Drake is moreso like Hov to me. Simpler, more direct and often focused on the material over the personal. That duality is always at work in hip hop IMO. It's the Rakim v Kane thing all over again. Rakim the thinker, Kane the ladies man/party guy. Then Nas and Hov took their seats, and now Kendrick and Drake.

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
I don't know. Nas stated in Orlando that the album was dropping Summer 2015. He was getting ready to drop a single many months ago.

Anthony saying that Nas has recorded individual songs (making it sound like Nas is far from completing an album) seems strange.

Something is not adding up.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Actually I think Nas and Kendrick are very similar. Both are poetic, evocative lyricists whose main strengths lie in painting a picture of the moment. The project window view, or romanticism.

Whereas Drake is moreso like Hov to me. Simpler, more direct and often focused on the material over the personal. That duality is always at work in hip hop IMO. It's the Rakim v Kane thing all over again. Rakim the thinker, Kane the ladies man/party guy. Then Nas and Hov took their seats, and now Kendrick and Drake.

I see what you mean, but I think people get caught up with their ideology/personalities rather than the music. I can't see Nas on a song like "Alright" or "bytch Don't Kill My Vibe," but he'd be right at home on "30 For 30" or "0 to 100" or "Pound Cake." Plus Nas has always been closer to Kool G Rap than Rakim. I feel like you're downplaying the substance in Drake's music and downplaying the braggadocious side of Nas's music.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: ISO

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I don't know. Nas stated in Orlando that the album was dropping Summer 2015. He was getting ready to drop a single many months ago.

Anthony saying that Nas has recorded individual songs (making it sound like Nas is far from completing an album) seems strange.

Something is not adding up.
Never take Nas' word for when an album is coming out until there is an official street date. It's never when he says it's gonna be.

CHAIN

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Cabo Verde
The album is coming soon. This makes no sense. Why is he making all these club appearances?
He's going to be featured on Rick Ross and Jadakiss ' albums dropping in the fourth quarter. Dude is kinda poppin right now.
The timing is right.

Ain't no way he gon keep this up till next year in November. Why would he kick back ? He could lose his momentum.
And you never know what wave 2016 might introduce to the world. The culture might shift.

It's just not good business. This Saleh guy seems to be a little smarter than that.

My 2 cents.