Official Nas Thread

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK

I was reminiscing earlier and this was/is the track and video that got me into Nas. Most other tracks and videos were club bangers and this stood out everytime I watched it. Made me want to know more and listen to more Nas. That's why Kendrick's TPAB videos are so important, they're different and not your typical 2015 music video.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

HIT-festival-TAMPA-FL-USF-sundome-NOV-7th.jpg

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjcry:He did t say it would be fall 2016, he just lets give Nas the cushion haha but I hope it's not late 2016

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Listened to the entire podcast. Very good listen for any Nas fan who wants to get a glimpse of what it would be like working for him on a management level.

Anthony Selah sounds very intelligent and it's a testament to Nas's own genius that he chose someone young, but hungry and passionate, to help guide this portion of his career.

As far as the new album, it seems like listening to the podcast that Nas has to look real deep inside himself. Discover the diamond inside and find his musical wealth.....

Lol at Nas sonning Elliot Wilson over him gossiping about Nas's divorce. I remember YN getting real slick around that time going on radio stations talking about who was cheating on who and all that shyt. He put Distant Relatives as the most disappointing album of 2010 (:wtb:) and then was showing the album love and copping pleas in the podcast. For some reason I love the behind the scenes stories of Nas shytting on nikkas who speak ill of him but then wanna act cool. Sooner or later we'll ALL see who the prophet is...

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Listened to the entire podcast. Very good listen for any Nas fan who wants to get a glimpse of what it would be like working for him on a management level.

Anthony Selah sounds very intelligent and it's a testament to Nas's own genius that he chose someone young, but hungry and passionate, to help guide this portion of his career.

As far as the new album, it seems like listening to the podcast that Nas has to look real deep inside himself. Discover the diamond inside and find his musical wealth.....

Lol at Nas sonning Elliot Wilson over him gossiping about Nas's divorce. I remember YN getting real slick around that time going on radio stations talking about who was cheating on who and all that shyt. He put Distant Relatives as the most disappointing album of 2010 (:wtb:) and then was showing the album love and copping pleas in the podcast. For some reason I love the behind the scenes stories of Nas shytting on nikkas who speak ill of him but then wanna act cool. Sooner or later we'll ALL see who the prophet is...
Now you get why I speak so highly of this man. He does not just let anyone in his circle. He laughs at these industry dudes that think they know him and want to talk slick. But later beg to be in his good grace. He truly is a man who lives by trust and honor. Loyalty is big for him and Anthony is the only manager he fully ever trusted. Due to their relationship Nas' career at this stage will continue to flourish.

Last edited:

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it would be dope if Nas invited some of his biggest fsn
Now you get why I speak so highly of this man. He does not just let anyone in his circle. He laughs at these industry dudes that think they know him and want to talk slick. But later beg to get in his good grace. He truly is a man who lives by trust and honor. Loyalty is big for him and Anthony is the only manager he fully ever trusted. Due to their relationship Nas' career at this stage will continue to flourish.
its dope to hear Nas stories especially with him being so lowkey. It would be dope if Nas has a contest for a few of his biggest fans to come to a listening session once his album is finished.

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it would be dope if Nas invited some of his biggest fsn

its dope to hear Nas stories especially with him being so lowkey. It would be dope if Nas has a contest for a few of his biggest fans to come to a listening session once his album is finished.
I think it would be dope if Nas did something special for his fans. Because trust & believe Nas does appreciate his true fans...he understands his fans more than his fans sometimes understand him.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I think it would be dope if Nas did something special for his fans. Because trust & believe Nas does appreciate his true fans...he understands his fans more than his fans sometimes understand him.

Real talk I don't think we as fans will EVER truly understand him as a man because of course we are only listeners who get a portion of his life that he chooses to share thorough his music, and there's nothing wrong with that whatsoever. All I want is for him to continue living life, dropping excellent music at his OWN pace, and serving as an example of what Hip Hop in its truest form can represent. Progression, intelligence, unity, triumph, and adaptability...

wingstop

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
outbackbread
im gonna be at his concert on saturday. You should tell him to let me backstage :mjcry:

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Real talk I don't think we as fans will EVER truly understand him as a man because of course we are only listeners who get a portion of his life that he chooses to share thorough his music, and there's nothing wrong with that whatsoever. All I want is for him to continue living life, dropping excellent music at his OWN pace, and serving as an example of what Hip Hop in its truest form can represent. Progression, intelligence, unity, triumph, and adaptability...
That is exactly what he will do. You are right, his fans will never truly know him but trust what Anthony revealed is just good glimpse into Nas the man/artist. According to those closest to him...Nas does absolutely nothing without thinking it through...even if he doesn't come out smelling like roses. He makes albums that his peers are afraid to make (ie HHID/Untitled) but guess what ever artist in hip hop went out their way to prove hip hop was alive. It was not necessarily an album he enjoyed making but he know the industry needed a wake up call (HHID surely did that). As Anthony stated, "Nas knows I am very protective of his brand." That statement alone is what will keep Nas progressing, adapting and triumphant within the entertainment industry for many decades to come.