Official Nas Thread

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For the same reason that Tyler The Creator asked him if he liked Cheese...

Cause I wanna know :birdman:

Both are weird ass questions, but whatever nikka. Lemonade?:francis: Wtf is he supposed to say?:what:

Last edited:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Both weird but whatever nikka. Lemonade?:francis: Wtf is he supposed to say?:what:

This nikka is about to become famous when Nas name drops him and makes a lemonade reference on his upcoming album.

He's making big steps. His friend met Nas in person in the back of a car outside a Best Buy playing Playstation in the trunk and he is out here asking lemonade questions :francis:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Question aside. Who doesn't drink lemonade? My man probably got duffle bags full of lemons in his garage:skip:

I'll let him cook.:manny:

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
:wow: :banderas:

I was a little bored earlier at work and as a thought/something to post about in this thread, if you (I mean Nas fans) had to pick 5 tracks to showcase what Nas is about to someone who has no idea who is he/what he's about, which 5 tracks would you choose?

NY State of Mind
I think this just has to be the staple Nas track, it's the first real track of his discography and it set the bar. You've got that storytelling Nas.

One Love
Rewind

You've got two more storytelling tracks taking 2 different approaches. The whole letter to his man in jail on One Love :banderas: and when you realise that Rewind is actually a story in reverse :wow: a concept that sounds simple but isn't

I Gave You Power
Genius.

Made You Look
Totally different to my other 4 picks. It's my 'got to' Nas track.

------

5 isn't much so add on if you wish.
Ain't Hard to Tell
If I Ruled The World
Nas Is Like
Small World
Where's The Love

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
:wow: :banderas:

I was a little bored earlier at work and as a thought/something to post about in this thread, if you (I mean Nas fans) had to pick 5 tracks to showcase what Nas is about to someone who has no idea who is he/what he's about, which 5 tracks would you choose?

NY State of Mind
I think this just has to be the staple Nas track, it's the first real track of his discography and it set the bar. You've got that storytelling Nas.

One Love
Rewind

You've got two more storytelling tracks taking 2 different approaches. The whole letter to his man in jail on One Love :banderas: and when you realise that Rewind is actually a story in reverse :wow: a concept that sounds simple but isn't

I Gave You Power
Genius.

Made You Look
Totally different to my other 4 picks. It's my 'got to' Nas track.

------

5 isn't much so add on if you wish.
Memory Lane
Nas is Like
I Gave you Power
Last Words(just to prove even his worst is better than most best)plus the verse on here is absolutely incredible
Undying Love(Amazing story)

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
5 songs:

ONE LOVE - the perfect Nas song. Storytelling, gritty, poetic, third verse flow is on another level etc.
DRUNK BY MYSELF - more personal Nas song + shows how songs he leaves off his albums shyt on most rappers entire discographies.
ETHER - Don't fukk with Nas :huhldup:
VERBAL INTERCOURSE - wanted a song that Nas is featured on and there's so many, but this comes to mind first. It's crazy to think Nas blessed tracks with the likes of: Ghost/Rae/Slick Rick/Kool G/Rakim/Krs/B-Real/Cube/Scarface etc
IT AIN'T HARD TO TELL - self-explanatory

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
5 Songs is very very tough, I would want to showcase these to a newbie to Nas' music.

early Nas - The world is yours/NY state of mind
Nas flexing creative muscles - I gave you power or Rewind
Nas banger part 1 - Nas is like
Nas banger part 2 - Made you look
Recent Nas - You wouldnt understand/The Season

And then set them some homework to listen to
It aint hard to tell..

You know what, just set them homework to listen to his whole catalogue.