Official Nas Thread

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
The man just has a "natural" cool/stress free aura...that most people confuse with being "high" all the time. Actually Nas does not smoke as much weed that he use to several yrs ago, he wastes more Henney than he drinks and doesn't smoke cigarettes. He eats fairly well and drinks lots of water. Plus good DNA.

:wow: :banderas:

I was a little bored earlier at work and as a thought/something to post about in this thread, if you (I mean Nas fans) had to pick 5 tracks to showcase what Nas is about to someone who has no idea who is he/what he's about, which 5 tracks would you choose?

NY State of Mind
I think this just has to be the staple Nas track, it's the first real track of his discography and it set the bar. You've got that storytelling Nas.

One Love
Rewind

You've got two more storytelling tracks taking 2 different approaches. The whole letter to his man in jail on One Love :banderas: and when you realise that Rewind is actually a story in reverse :wow: a concept that sounds simple but isn't

I Gave You Power
Genius.

Made You Look
Totally different to my other 4 picks. It's my 'got to' Nas track.

------

5 isn't much so add on if you wish.

Alexander Wiggin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Paris Saint-Germain
tough but to introduce nas i would say

it aint hard to tell - showcase his street esoteric poetry and his multisyllabic style

nas is like - to show how nas & primo is a bomb combination

one mic - the humble and human side of nas

one love - that song is one of the most touching of him

doo rags - because nas is the king of nostalgia

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Speaking of Nas -- and I know you’re probably sick of talking about this -- but are we ever going to see Lost Tapes 2?

Bittenbender:
Actually, I love talking about it, because every time I talk about it, I feel like I’m helping bring it to life. Nas is working to deliver this next record to Def Jam, which will be his last [for them]. I haven’t been too involved in that, so I can’t tell you when it’s coming. Once that’s out, then Lost Tapes will follow shortly after. It’ll definitely be a 2016 release, hopefully earlier in the year than later. The music’s amazing. It carries on what he built with the first Lost Tapes. The fans are gonna love it.

https://drip.com/discover/posts/3788

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
Speaking of Nas -- and I know you’re probably sick of talking about this -- but are we ever going to see Lost Tapes 2?

Bittenbender:
Actually, I love talking about it, because every time I talk about it, I feel like I’m helping bring it to life. Nas is working to deliver this next record to Def Jam, which will be his last [for them]. I haven’t been too involved in that, so I can’t tell you when it’s coming. Once that’s out, then Lost Tapes will follow shortly after. It’ll definitely be a 2016 release, hopefully earlier in the year than later. The music’s amazing. It carries on what he built with the first Lost Tapes. The fans are gonna love it.

200x200px-ZC-1091fd0a_churchladyfaint.gif

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps

Bittenbender:

tumblr_mgygeyOFp81qza0wjo1_250.gif

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Okay so looks like this is 2016 like some of you guys were saying. Have some of you guys sat back and said to yourself god damn that year will be twenty years since IWW was released? I mean i was only 4 years old in 96 and didn't know what hip hop was then lol but its still crazy.

For real though after this last Def Jam album I wanna see Nas sign himself to Mass Appeal :mjlol: and just release independent albums at a more often pace. Like be his own free agent and sign himself to like a 4 album deal

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Bittenbender:

Speaking of ealry 2016, have any of you guys noticed it seems like albums are never released in January? What is with that?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Speaking of ealry 2016, have any of you guys noticed it seems like albums are never released in January? What is with that?

The music industry pretty much shuts down in December, and it doesn't really pick up in January since most people have already made their major purchases (Christmas) and are focused on other shyt like New Years Eve parties.

There was a rumor last year that Adele was gonna drop an album in December but nah, almost never happens. Makes more sense to come out in mid Thanksgiving so you get Black Friday+Christmas.