Official Nas Thread

Daps
Shoutout to @Illeye buckmatic @We Major @Big Mark @T.he I.nformant @Bickin Back Being Bool @HNIC973 @Ziggiy @L. Deezy @Primetime21 & all the other positive members.
I enjoy your positive commentary and hope that whenever the album is released it's to your liking. I'm also a Nas fan and enjoy conversing on the site. I wish I could contribute more because I know the wait can cause annoyance but hopefully the saying is true: GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!

From One Fan To Another
Blessings
LIG

We're all excited to hear what Mr Jones has cooked up for us!

Please tell him that the fans want to see AZ and him do some tracks together, it's been far too long since 'Serious' was released. I know that people grow apart and that times have changed since they were smashing out tracks together. But their chemistry is undeniable and they are both capable of making incredible music - make the fans' dream come true!

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Just read that Nas Fashawn track from earlier this year is on both Madden and WWE 2k6. Nas been getting EA Sports money

This is getting to be a bit of a weird stretch as its the longest hes not dropped any project in between albums (even the gap between IWW and I am and Untitled and LIG had The Firm and Distant Relatives)

I guess hes just focusing on business ventures at this age (most times they dont work is because dudes are doing many things and he really wants this brand thing to build). Also I believe that once you get into your 40s you dont have to release albums every 2 years. Jay aint doing that either and is slowing down, I dont expect an album from him until 2018 or 2017 either. Most of these 90s dudes are in semi-retirement/part time mode with legacies in tact, so while there's a need from there fans, they've done the run. I know its tough cause you see how young fans on twitter and tumblr are aware of Nas cause they re-visit Illmatic and other stuff after seeing their current favs get compared to him or anytime a battle happens, so Ideally you'd like him to come out with something...but I just think business moves plus the idea he doesnt want to drop his last major studio album anytime has him apprehensive or not urgent to release anything (cause after this he's done with def jam). And ultimatley why be passive about releasing an album like hes been accused of in the past (like the mid-2000s run which I didnt think was that bad)

Daps
One of my favorites is The Don :whoo:

New York is like an Island a big Rikers Island
The cops be out wildin, all I hear is sirens
It’s all about surviving same old two step
Tryna stay alive when
They be out robbin,
I been out rhyming
Since born knowledge like prophet Muhammad
Say the ink from a scholar
Worth more than the blood of a martyr :wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

that beat he used for the bold was only 10 second long but it the better than the whole beat for The Don.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
two of my favorite verses this decade... from anyone

For some peculiar reason, I was blastin this song non-stop, than SEAN P!:rip: pass:wow:

...Hunting for the answers why did God take away the homie:to:

Sidebar, playing Back to Black and Hip-Hop Is Dead makes the cypher complete:ohhh:

Last edited:

KiD WavE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Southeast Ohio

:wow:

looking back at this verse about ghostwriters what you guys think with all the recent ghost writer talk ?

Orginially I thought that part was about Nas rhymes because of the the jungle line but was Nas really just straight telling us about Jay's stuff being ghost written ?:ohhh:

"Hov didnt write it he vacationing" thats pretty clear to me

now listening it seems like two seperate parts first about jay using ghostwriters and then nas saying he doesnt

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@KiD WavE, I love how Nas ETHER'd Dream Hampton without mentioning her name:scusthov:

...all in the vain of a Ghostwriter:sas1:

Them Dualities:jawalrus: