Daps
Reppin
NULL
10011375_1580545758827648_565017608_n.jpg

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Finally saw Time Is Illmatic:blessed: Why y'all didn't tell me it was gonna be a tearjerker, tho :to: Momma Anne Jones:rip: memorialized:salute: Ill Will's fatal mistake:sadcam: Only Jung could turn getting shot:ohhh:, into a comedy routine:pachaha: Olu's being a traveling musician:patrice:, and abandoning his kids in QB:ehh: The GOAT wisely throwing education in the bushes:birdman:, at such an impressionable age:lupe: Honing his skills to become Hip-Hop's beacon:myman: I dunno why but Life's A bytch:ahh:, sounded so heavenly:banderas: Tip's breakdown on One Luv:whew: about how the incarcerated person:leostare:, family also serves that prison sentence:sadbron: Esco mentioning the order of his seeds:whoo: in Who's World Is This, unbeknownst to him:mindblown: Crazy how a highschool dropout:umad:, now has a Harvard scholarship program:wow:

Last edited:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After Selling A Company To Yahoo For Millions, Michael Katz Is Building A Startup With Money From Nas

What, exactly, is mParticle?

We’re a data-automation platform for mobile apps. We give native apps the controls to move faster and reduce complexity. If you talk to any app developer, marketer, or publisher, they all wrestle with "SDK fatigue," which is the complex process of adding new partners to their app stack.
Operationally, it's very difficult to run an app business, because embedding numerous SDKs into an app not only disrupts development cycles but it creates significant privacy and security liability, and can create vendor lock-in. We make it so that apps can deploy a single SDK, and then work with anyone they want while maintaining control of their data and without having to create additional SDK overhead. Think tag management for SDKs, built to address the complexity of native apps.

Did I hear right that Nas is an investor? How'd that happen?

He is. We have a great group of investors. My brother and I met him on the way to France a couple summers ago, and I didn’t even realize he did tech investing at the time, but a month or so later when I saw he had invested in a couple other mobile opportunities, I asked if he would be interested in finding out more.
He introduced me to his business partner and manager, Anthony Saleh, and they wrote a check shortly thereafter. The whole thing was fortuitous, especially since neither he nor I really like talking to people we don’t really know. He's an active tech investor, though, through his fund, Queensbridge Venture Partners, with quite an impressive portfolio.
Besides money, what has he brought to the table for mParticle?

For me he has brought a lot of perspective. Having a big success — probably the greatest rap album ever — with "Illmatic" as his first album, and then subsequent ups-and-downs, a lot of what he has had to figure out is how to create longevity and maintain relevancy. Staying true to himself but growing both as a person and a professional at the same time is a delicate balance that few people can truly pull off.
Coming off Interclick, which was successful as my first company, how do I follow that up and stay relevant? I knew I couldn’t do the same thing, because I wanted to challenge myself to grow as an entrepreneur but also because the world was changing and things were going mobile.
He’s had incredible success, and getting to see how he handles it all at a very high level is just awesome, and something I definitely appreciate

http://www.businessinsider.com/michael-katz-is-building-a-startup-with-money-from-nas-2014-12

Last edited:

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
Esco mentioning the order of his seeds:whoo: in Who's World Is This, unbeknownst to him

'My strength, my son, THE STAR will be my resurrection'

15/16 years later....named his son Knight which plays on the word night, when STARS shine the most brightest, also son is a play on word with sun with is also a STAR :ohhh:

'Sooner or later we'll all see who the prophet is' :banderas:

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
Rapper Nas: Not Good for U.S. to ‘Look Like Apartheid South Africa’
by Josh Feldman | 6:48 pm, December 17th, 2014
nas.jpg
Nas, one of the most popular hip hop artists in the country, opened up in a Time Magazine interview out today about recent race issues in the U.S., remarking that “it’s not cool to look like apartheid South Africa.”
He said that with all the protests going on over the deaths of Michael Brown and Eric Garner, the rest of America can finally see “something that’s always been going on.” Nas remarked, “It’s not cool to look like apartheid South Africa.”
He also opined on the history of black life in the United States, saying that “a lot of whites are very ignorant with American history” and now is the time for “a lot of healing.”

http://www.mediaite.com/online/rapper-nas-not-good-for-u-s-to-look-like-apartheid-south-africa/

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
GE has taken some time off from making washing machines, jet engines and whatnot to get back to its true loves: music and dance. The Brilliant Rhythm collection launches December 24th on Vevo (streamable via Apple TV, Roku, Xbox, Fire TV and Samsung) wrapping together four features examining the link between music and science. Interest not yet piqued? We should mention that two of them involve Nas (not NAS), as the rapper is executive producer for the breakdancing video "Shake the Dust", and participant in a "Science of Rhythm" roundtable with Dust director Adam Sjoberg and neuroscientist Dr. Adam Gazzaley. The other two videos consist of one where the doctor goes inside the head of Grateful Dead drummer Mickey Hart, and a "Drop Science" music video for the song made exclusively by sounds from GE's machines -- a preview trailer is embedded after the break.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/12/18/ge-brilliant-rhythm/?ncid=rss_truncated

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Coli Nas Bros, is it just me, or doesn't it seem like Untitled spearheaded this mainstream

BLACKEXCELLENCE
Hip-Hop movement going on with your Cole/KDots of the world:myman:

...also I'd be remiss to leave out Erykah's New Amerykah pt.1(Fourth World War):ahh:

And, D'Angelo's Black Messiah makes the cypher complete:blessed:

Last edited:

criminology

hearse initiator
Daps
Reppin
Diamonds & Wood
Coli Nas Bros, is it just me, or doesn't it seem like Untitled spearheaded this mainstream

BLACKEXCELLENCE

...also I'd be remiss to leave out Erykah's New Amerykah pt.1(Fourth World War):ahh:

Bring back Arsenio.

That album has its low points, but You Can't Stop Us, Testify, Slave and Master, Untitled, Y'all My nikkas :wow:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

BLACKEXCELLENCE

Untitled was the best album of 2008. And probably my personal favorite all time Nas album. An incredible dissertation of the African American experience

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
GE has taken some time off from making washing machines, jet engines and whatnot to get back to its true loves: music and dance. The Brilliant Rhythm collection launches December 24th on Vevo (streamable via Apple TV, Roku, Xbox, Fire TV and Samsung) wrapping together four features examining the link between music and science. Interest not yet piqued? We should mention that two of them involve Nas (not NAS), as the rapper is executive producer for the breakdancing video "Shake the Dust", and participant in a "Science of Rhythm" roundtable with Dust director Adam Sjoberg and neuroscientist Dr. Adam Gazzaley. The other two videos consist of one where the doctor goes inside the head of Grateful Dead drummer Mickey Hart, and a "Drop Science" music video for the song made exclusively by sounds from GE's machines -- a preview trailer is embedded after the break.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/12/18/ge-brilliant-rhythm/?ncid=rss_truncated

Nas is supposed to have done an original song for the soundtrack. I hope we hear it soon. It's been a while:mjcry:

Last edited: